Charlotte Sports Park Superintendent with Charlotte Sports Park in Port Charlotte · FL
Charlotte Sports Park jobs
Sports Jobs in Port Charlotte · FL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
Performs responsible supervisory and participatory work directing activities at County facilities, parks, athletic fields, and playgrounds. Plans, schedules, promotes, and administers a comprehensive program; develops and coordinates general programs, athletics, camps, and special events using public facilities operated by the County.
- Supervises and participates in the planning, development, execution, and coordination of comprehensive programs and events for County facilities and specialized County programs: and ensures compliance with established rules, regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Supervises all components of an operation, such as Spring Training with the Tampa Bay Rays, inclusive of event management, partnership agreements, contractual obligations, public safety, law enforcement, risk management, etc.
- Plans, assigns, supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of personnel using effective methods of evaluation, leadership, and instruction: participates in the selection, training, placement, promotion, safety, appraisal, and discipline of assigned personnel; creates and distributes staff schedules; advertises for open positions; interviews candidates; conducts new-hire orientation; and coordinates staff training.
- Investigates and acts upon requests, suggestions, and complaints concerning services; surveys and analyzes al preferences and needs; and recommends programs and events to meet such needs.
- Supervises and participates in the promotion, explanation, and interpretation of public objectives, benefits, and program activities to community civic clubs, organizations, citizen groups, and individuals.
- Performs administrative duties: prepares and submits various administrative reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis; attends various meetings and serves on committees; coordinates the development of department strategic plan; and organizes and coordinates compliance documentation for accreditation.
- Manages facility operations, such as maintenance, work orders, project management, renovations, capital improvements, signage, partnership agreements, rental contracts, insurance requirements, collection of program fees, developing operational and emergency management plans, etc.
- Develops and implements new programs, activities, events, and services to staff members and other interested groups or individuals.
- Develops and facilitates training and leadership programs to internal staff members and affiliated organizations.
- Performs customer service and public relations duties: provides information and answers questions; creates, publishes, and updates marketing and related collateral materials such as program and league schedules, website, social media, brochures, fliers, etc.; and makes presentations.
- Provide exceptional customer assistance, problem-solving, and/or complaints by all forms of communication.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in event management, sports management, physical education, recreation management, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in event management, recreation management, leisure services, athletic and recreation programming, or related field.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant training, education, and experience.
Licenses and/or Certificates:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of operations and practices of local government; ability to analyze and interpret departmental functions, procedures and policies.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting department rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to abide by contractual guidelines and procedures as related to legal agreements.
- Ability to create positive and professional relations with contractual partners.
- Considerable knowledge of the objectives and principles in the administration of public events and recreation programs.
- Considerable knowledge of a wide variety of indoor and outdoor events and activities, and knowledge of facilities and equipment needed for an operation or program.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and direct the varied activities involved in a well-rounded event and program.
- Ability to understand accounting procedures and methods, and to manage programs in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Ability to make recommendations and to use resourcefulness and tact in solving new problems.
- Strong analytical and research skills; ability to ascertain priorities and meet deadlines and objectives.
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and appraise the work of assigned personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to include public speaking and the ability to develop effective proposals.
- Skill in the use of standard office computer equipment and software applications; ability to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Ability to provide internal/external guidance and customer assistance via all forms of communication.
Working Conditions: Work is primarily performed in an indoor, climate-controlled environment and is nearly absent from disagreeable elements (e.g., irate customers, extreme noise, heat, odors, heights and/or dust).
Risk/Safety Conditions: There is little or no risk related to physical and/or mental health and safety associated with this position.
Essential Physical Activities: Stooping, crouching, walking, pulling, lifting, hearing, seeing up close, seeing far away, kneeling, reaching, talking, standing, finger movement, repetitive motions. Frequent lifting of up to 25 pounds; occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?