3-6-12 Month Internships & Seasonal Positions - By Invitation Only Minor League Sports Virtual Career Fair - Minor League Sports Virtual Career Fair
Minor League teams are well-known for their fun and creative cultures, where everyone rolls up their sleeves and does more than just what’s written on their job description. Now is your turn to “try out” and see if you have what it takes to join the team.
If you are seeking an internship or seasonal position (often year-long positions are for recent graduates) beginning in early 2022 that will give you exposure to all the aspects of working for a professional sports organization, we encourage you to apply and see if you make the cut!
Upon acceptance into this career fair, all finalists will take part in the following events:
TeamWork Online Minor League Sports Virtual Career Fair Event Details:
Monday, November 8th- 12 PM EST- 1:30 PM EST
- Prep Session with TeamWork Online Founder and President, Buffy Filippell. Learn "best practices" for networking, following up, and how to present yourself to employers.
- Team Presidents Panel - Learn from industry leaders about day to day operations while running an entire organization
- Steve Delay: Owner of Macon Bacon and Florence Flamingos
- Eric Edelstein: President of Reno Aces
- Vic Gregovits: President of Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Bob Hoffman - President of Tucson RoadRunners
- Amanda Powers - President of FC Tucson
- Moderator: Ryan Crelin - Commissioner, ECHL League Office
- Young Guns Panel - Hear from executives who were in school just a few years ago are on now the fast track to success in the minor leagues! - Featuring:
- Zander Atwood - Vice President of Sales - Lafayette Aviators
- Sam Fischer - Assistant GM - Asheville Tourists
- Kate Roth - Assistant GM - Lake County Captains
- Sophia Carbone - Director, Expansion Club Strategy - Digital Solutions - USL HQ
- Moderator: Max Weisenbach - Director, Team Business Services - AHL League Office
- Networking + Breakout rooms
- Marketing in the Minors Panel - Meet the people behind all the fun and learn about the creation of these unique fan experiences and promotions! - Featuring:
- Zack Frongillo - Director of Entertainment - Savannah Bananas
- Kara Heater - Marketing Director - Savannah Bananas
- Betsy Haugh - Director of Women’s Soccer Operations - USL HQ
- Lauren Muni - Senior Director Marketing - Jacksonville Icemen
- Christina Ferrante - VP of Marketing and Communication - Monterey Bay FC
- Diversity & Inclusion Panel - Discussion on initiatives to become a more inclusive and diverse league while changing the face of the sports industry. - Featuring:
- Marcus Myrick - Sr. Director, Club Services - USL League Office
- Jordan Mirabile - Senior Director, Administration and Culture - Indy Eleven
- Rachel Bukszar , Vice President, People - USL
- Moderator: Philicia Douglas - Director of Sales - Birmingham Squadron
- Networking + Breakout rooms
- Click Apply Now and log into your TeamWork Online account. If you do not have an account, please click Sign Up in order to create your profile.
- Make sure you have included a current and professional profile picture, and have filled out your profile completely - headline, LinkedIn profile, education, experience, clubs (list the sports you’ve done in high school) etc.
- Your headline should include: 1) Your graduation year and university/program you attend, 2) HS/College Athlete, and 3) Organizations you have worked for and 2 skills you have done/want to do again. (Example: 2021 Temple University, Sport & Recreation Management, Baltimore Orioles, Philadelphia Wings Lacrosse, Community Relations, Events, Sales)
- In the Cover Letter section, please briefly describe yourself and why you are right for a position in minor league sports.
- We will let you know if you have qualified to be invited to the career fair on or before November 1, 2021.
*Example of a Minor League Internship/Seasonal Job Description 2022*
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Internship and Seasonal candidates will need to be available for the entire season and/or length of the program.
- Candidates will be required to work all normal business hours including games. Additional weekends and Holidays will also be required.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a college/university or recently obtained a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Willingness to learn and excel in the sports industry is strongly desired.
- Positive attitude and a “can do” mentality are important
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multitask and handle time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and respond to change quickly
- Team player willing to go above and beyond
- Ticket Sales
- Ticket Operations
- Food & Beverage
- Scoreboard/Game Operations
- Media Relations
- Community Relations
- Digital Media
- Arena/Stadium Operations
Please provide a full name and email address of a professional reference for us to contact.
For internship candidates: Are you able to receive college credit?
Are you able to relocate if chosen for a role?
What month are you available to start working?