Team President with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders in Moosic · PA
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders jobs
Sports Jobs in Moosic · PA
Administration/General Management: General Management/Profit & Loss
Scranton Wilkes Barre (SWB) RailRiders are a professional minor league team based in the Scranton/Wilkes Barre area. They are the Triple-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees. The team plays in the Independent League. They will host to the 2020 Triple- A Minor League Baseball Game July 13 – 15. The RailRiders are an affiliate (through common ownership) of Harris Blitzer Sports and Entertainment (HBSE) which owns the Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils, Prudential Center arena in Newark, NJ, Crystal Palace Football Club ((English Premiere League) and esports organization Dignitas.
SWB RailRiders seeks a new Team President/ COO. This top 10 minor league sports market by Street & Smith’s is on the rise.
A leader with solid sports business strategy and management; an eye towards increasing revenue and fan engagement, the President of the RailRiders will be responsible for managing and driving all revenue aspects of this minor league baseball operation. The selected candidate will be responsible for the success of stadium operations, marketing, sales, sponsorship, strategy, finances, players services, human resources and unique fan experience and will work closely with the General Manager in doing so. The selected hire must have the capacity to make many day-to-day decisions, developing a positive working environment, and responsible for reporting these decisions to the ownership.
- In concert with the ownership group, develops the year’s business plan, including threats, opportunities, budget, staffing reviews, organizational needs and determines course of action for year.
- Works with New York Yankees or HBSE for any possible fit with regard to sponsorship opportunities, ticketing plans, merchandising, concessions, game entertainment, etc.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations including forecasting and monitoring revenue plans/budgets, sponsorships, ticket sales and operations, concession, merchandise sales and media sales.
- Communicates weekly, monthly and quarterly status reports and forecasts to ownership group
- Develops and executes annual marketing plan that leverages partnerships with all major media outlets including broadcast television, cable, radio and print in order to increase fan interaction
- Develops and executes annual marketing plan that leverages tickets, suites and develops a ticketing plan to drive attendance and increase fan interaction
- Represents the club when asked at the Independent League Board of Directors meetings
- Pursues and drives new revenue opportunities outside day-to-day baseball operations
- Develops organizational business plan and oversee all facets of implementation including ticket sales, sponsorship, ballpark operations, guest service, security and food/beverage
- Recruits, develops and manages a front office staff of 25-30 people
- Engages community to advance the needs of the RailRiders and positions the team as a community asset through the team foundation and other charitable giving
- Builds relationships with local businesses, sponsors,, community organizations and general fan base to better understand the needs of all major team constituents
- Oversees the ticket sales and sponsorship sales department and in working with the staff, represents the RailRiders on sales calls with ticket sales and sponsorship staff
- Liaises with the farm director at the New York Yankees on all player, schedule and other team issues to create a championship environment for the players and coaching staff
Knowledge and Skills:
- BS/BA Degree in Sports Management, Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience. MBA a plus.
- 10+ years sports or entertainment executive role, preferably some time with a baseball property
- A track record of achieving revenue targets and familiarity and use of data.
- Strategic thinking, demonstrated results and the capability to transform organizations
- Strong operational, financial, marketing and communication skills
- Positive management and consensus-builder capabilities
- Strong partnership-building and a good empathy toward city and county governance and politics and its effects on a professional sports franchise.
Operational Focus - Short Term
The team will be hosting the 2020 AAA All-Star Game. So from an immediate need to ensure that the team has maximized the opportunity to draw in new revenue streams and operationally to ensure the event’s success for the league and the community.
How did you hear about this job?
Provide 2 references including, name, email, phone and short description