POSITION : Facility Operations Staff - 2020 Miami Open Presented by Itau
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager and Vice President of Facilities
***PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A TEMPORARY/SEASONAL POSITION BEGINNING IN FEBRUARY AND ENDING AT END OF APRIL. THIS IS A FULL TIME COMMITMENT FOR THE LENGTH OF THE CONTRACT. CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK 60-80 HRS PER WEEK AND 6-7 DAYS PER WEEK (OT ELIGIBLE) FOR THE DURATION OF THE POSITION. THIS IS NOT A PART-TIME POSITION. CANDIDATES THAT CANNOT COMMIT TO THESE HOURS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PAY IS STRICT $10/HR RATE WITH OVERTIME ELIGIBLE FOR ALL HOURS OVER 40 IN A SINGLE WORK WEEK***
SUMMARY: This position provides support for the Miami Open presented by Itau (March 23rd- April 5th). We require that all persons applying for this position have their own reliable vehicle for transportation to and from Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL. This position will work directly with the Operations Team. All members of the Facility Operations Staff will report directly to the Operations Manager and Vice President of Facilities. The position will start in the month of January or February and will run until the end of April. As a part of the Facility Operations Staff you will be an integral part of the set up for one of the world’s largest tennis events. You will also work throughout the event on various daily tasks, and finally help clean up and restore the site to its original form.
Job Description Status: Temporary Full-Time.
Dates Time Period: February 1st– May 7th (start dates vary depending on skill levels)
Rate: Starting at $10-12/hour. You will be averaging 50-70 hours per week during pre-event as well as additional hours during the event. (all hours over 40 hours a week are considered overtime)
· Having the ability to come on site weeks prior to the event. You will be responsible in helping set up various daily tasks that will be assigned to you which will result in the presentation of the Miami Open presented by Itau
· Operations staff will participate in pre-tournament site and stadium preparations as well as post-tournament tear-down, which will require heavy lifting in the hot sun.
· During the tournament we support and manage the entire site/facility. Duties include: on-court match support, facilities management, support of volunteer groups, vendors, sponsors, players and staff.
Set up (including but not limited to):
· TV hanging
· Wall Wraps
· Building various stands of wood
· Carpentry and handy-man-type work
· Having the ability to drive job site machinery such as: forklift, scissor lift and lull; loading/unloading trucks and staging the operations compound is a plus (however not a requirement)
· Having the ability to drive company vehicle to our warehouse or other various places for items needed for set up
· Keep accurate records of received and distributed inventory, product and supplies
· Facilitate the delivery and pick up of (US Mail, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc) all packages from Administrative offices and tournament site
· Delivery of sodas, snacks, coffee, and supplies to designated areas throughout the site
· Willingness, with a smile, to do whatever it takes to run the very best sporting event possible
· The ability to “think like an owner” and manage areas of responsibility
· To act in a professional manner while in the presence of world-class athletes
· Must be well organized, efficient, work well with others and utilize time management skills to meet project deadlines
- NOTE: 60% OR MORE OF FACILITIES OPERATIONS TEAM MEMBERS TIME WILL BE SPENT USING ZIP TIES TO HANG BANNERS OR TARPS. 90% OF TIME WILL BE SPENT OUTSIDE IN THE MIAMI HEAT.
Job Type: Temporary Contract/Full Time
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $10.00-12.00 /hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.