*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Want to love what you do in an environment that values learning and growth alongside other high performing individuals? If you answered yes, IMG Academy is hiring.
Our unique campus is dedicated to developing the next generation of leaders, champions and influencers. We believe that each day is an opportunity to achieve dreams and inspire greatness. As part of the IMG Family, we prepare our student-athletes to succeed, taking on life with confidence and preparedness. Through our integration of elite academics, athletics and character development, our student-athletes are prepared to rise up to their full potential – whether that’s on the field, in the classroom or in life.
We are seeking curious, caring individuals who align with our core values:
Passionate Soul: Love what you do
Open Mind: Never stop learning and growing
Champions Spirit: Strive for greatness
Helpful Heart: Lift up those around you
Absolute Integrity: Always do the right thing
Job Title: Sales Manager- Team Training, Groups, & Events
FLSA Status: Exempt
EEO Category: First/Mid Level Officials and Managers
Position Summary: Responsible for driving revenue via the team training and group sales product lines. Duties include direct oversight of Group Sales Advisors, account management, sales operational support and project based work for the achievement of revenue generation, and long-term goals in line with IMG Academy’s vision and values. This includes the generation of new business, retention of existing business, and developing new product and service offerings as campus and facilities grow. This individual will work primarily with the sales, marketing, sports, events, hotel, & sales operation departments. Reports directly to the Senior Sales Manager of Hotel & Group Sales.
- Builds a standardized sales process for the sales team to follow
- Defines best practices within each step of the sales process and builds out training programs specific to each
- Schedules weekly meetings with the individuals and/or team to identify areas of focus and opportunity
- Monitors the sales metrics of each advisor in order to provide insights needed to be successful
- Clearly defines targets and focuses on the staff development to achieve desired outcome needed
- Prepares staff to perform at the highest level of the role they are in while setting them up for future growth opportunities as well
- Implements best practices in outbound recruitment of new accounts for each individual advisor
- Identifies large scale event & team training opportunities
- Owns all RFP submission responsibilities for large scale events at IMG Academy
- Works interdepartmentally to ensure that all departments are aware of groups arriving/departing campus
- Creates an outreach plan by sport to ensure all verticals within that specific sport are actively recruited. Verticals include teams, events, pro athletes, continued education, & more
- Maintains detailed knowledge of sales trends, forecasts, and pipelines
- Assists with oversight of cost negotiation with potential clients
- Identifies potential risks in the revenue trends and adjust the sales plan accordingly
- Reviews all contracts for accuracy before being turned over to Sales Manager
- Coordinate schedules for the sales team including tracking personal time off and floating holiday requests
- Complete oversight of the sales pipeline from a daily, weekly, monthly, & annual perspective
- Works with leadership on establishing sales targets and incentives for sales team
- Manages lead distribution across the sales team to monitor load balancing
- Reviews and submits Expense Reports
- Builds a staff recruitment plan for each calendar year
- Interviews 1-2 prospective candidates per week
- Defines best practices for staff recruitment
- Creates and drives the on-boarding process and training plan for all new hires
- Meets weekly with Sales Manager to review the overall status of the sales division
- Communicates and establishes a relationship with each department on campus
- Works with leadership to identify areas of opportunity for growth
- Showcases the ability to multi-tasks and provide flexibility throughout the year
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business or finance
- 1-3 years of sales leadership experience
- 3-5 years of sales experience in recruiting and landing large scale accounts in the world of sports
- Excellent customer service skills
- Expert experience with Microsoft Dynamics
- Ability to drive and manage departments to hit short and long term strategic goals.
- Business savvy
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced organization
- A superior work ethic
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Master’s degree in sports management, business or finance
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull equipment or boxes in excess of 40lbs.
- Should be able to handle outdoor temperatures for a reasonable period of time.
- Must be able to move around campus which includes gym, turf, fields, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include nights, weekends and holidays is required
- Requires a background check upon offer
- Requires a drug check upon offer
IMG Academy is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.