The Miami Open is looking for organized and detail-oriented individual to serve as Media Assistant for the 2020 tournament. The Media Assistant will report to the Media Manager and will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of the tournament’s public relations plan.
The 2020 Miami Open will be played March 23-April 5 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, FL. The combined event is owned and operated by IMG. The Miami Open is one of nine ATP World Tour Masters 1000 events on the ATP calendar, a Premier Mandatory event on the WTA Tour calendar, and features the top men's and women's tennis players in the world.
- Assist Media Manager with press releases, daily media notes and evening media advisory
- Assist with the coordination and staffing of tournament related events and player appearances
- Provide player introduction bios for player appearances to Stars & Aces Liaison
- Liaise with ATP and WTA tours regarding player appearances
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of tennis a plus but not required
- Exceptional writing skills
- Patient, organized and self- motivated
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Must be team-oriented
- Must have good time management skills
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with desktop publishing software, specifically Photoshop and Dreamweaver is a plus
- Available to work long hours and weekends
Start-End Dates: February 17 - April 6, 2020
Compensation: $10 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.