REPORTING TO: Membership Programs and Operations Manager
DATE: October 2021
PAY RATE: $17-$19 PER HOUR
SCOPE OF POSITION
Under the direction of the Membership Programs and Operations Manager, the Customer Service Coordinator (CSEC) provides administrative support to the Membership & Events Department with an emphasis on customer service, while also assisting with national events. This role includes, but not limited to timely response to member service requests via phone, email, or live chat, assistance with membership compliance, non-competitive event support, membership program support and general administrative work. This individual is on the front lines of USA Water Polo, and shall strive to provide professional, high-level customer service within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with members via phone, email, and Zendesk to provide information, troubleshoot, and answer inquiries regarding USA Water Polo’s membership, events, products, services, and online support.
- Assists with database support including membership registrations and renewals, login inquiries and compliance.
- Maintains member compliance records including but not limited to CPR, First Aid and SafeSport.
- Manages the Membership Add-Ons purchases, program, and inventory.
- Oversight and project assignment to department interns.
- Assist in managing and developing an internship program.
- Serve as the lead on the Academic All-American program.
- Assists with National Award nomination process and recognition programs
- Maintain membership portions of the company website.
- Opportunity to create innovative practices to help the growth and sustainability of the membership department
- Assist the Events Manager with the implementation of High Performance events as assigned.
- Assists the Events Manager with database event creation, support for event entries and payments, and tracking of member compliance as they relate to National Championship events.
- Drive the supplies truck (including but not limited to a U-Haul truck/mini-truck) to various events.
- Under the supervision of the Events Manager, set-up events (including but not limited to setting up tents/EZ-ups, hanging banners etc.)
- Follow event planning timelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) to ensure event deadlines are clearly communicated
- Assist the Events Manager in the preparation event summary documents
- Responsible for promptly answering member questions via phone and/or e-mail.
- General office support in the day-to-day support.
Skills and Specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Ideal for a sports-minded and customer service oriented individual
- Background in customer service preferred; working with and helping customers
- Team player with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize to effectively meet deadlines
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Desire to think creatively to problem solve and execute new ideas
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Professional demeanor with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite, Google, etc.
- Familiarity with sports industry and event management a plus
- Experience working with database management system a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass a background test and provide birthdate verification.
- CPR certified a plus
- Office is located in Irvine, CA but this position is open to remote work for the right candidate.
- Some travel will be required for national events