At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits and access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
The USA Triathlon Foundation is the charitable arm of USA Triathlon. The mission of the Foundation is to “transform lives through sport by providing opportunities to swim bike and run.” The Foundation focuses on encouraging youth participation in swimming, biking and running to provide kids with the opportunity to lead a healthy and active lifestyle. They support adaptive individuals with the opportunity to get involved in adaptive sports by supporting the Paralympic pipeline. Finally, they focus on igniting the dreams of our future Olympic hopefuls buy providing them with critical opportunities to become elite athletes.
The Foundation is a fundraising organization and is charged with raising funds needed to support the critical growth of the sport. They are also the source for creating a culture of philanthropy for the sport of triathlon.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey. USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports 2020 Best Employers in Sports! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work. USA Triathlon has also been listed No. 2 in the Colorado Springs Business Journal’s Top 10 National Sports Associations for 2020. USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
The USA Triathlon Foundation Programs Internship is a unique and exciting opportunity to make an impact across all Foundation fundraising programs. The Programs intern will work directly with the Foundation Development and Program Coordinator and Executive Director to assist in planning and execution of all fundraising programs. The Programs intern will focus primarily on coordination of Fantasy Camp logistics, Ambassador Team correspondence, and planning for the Legacy Triathlon Olympian pro-am relay and Toyota Age Group National Championships VIP experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with management of the Ambassador Team, including building and shipping gear packages, monitoring and interacting on social media, and tracking Ambassador Team fundraising efforts and providing support and fundraising assistance when necessary.
- Communicate important updates and information with the Ambassador Team through the Facebook group and monthly newsletter.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of all Fantasy Camp logistics and operations including building camp surveys, correspondence with campers, and placing gear orders.
- Assist with planning VIP activations at races the Foundation will be attending.
- Provide timely responses to donors, athletes, and grant beneficiaries to assist them with any Foundation or multisport related questions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Educational requirements: Enrolled in Bachelor or master’s degree program or recent graduate; will supply college credit
- Prior experience as a triathlete or in triathlon is highly encouraged
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Self-motivated and strong time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Experience working in a project-based environment with an emphasis on meeting deadlines.
- Ability to shift focus from project to project efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic Movement
Starting Date: January 2022
Anticipated Duration: January – May 2022
Location: Colorado Springs
Intern Status: Part-time 20 hours a week
Pay Status: Unpaid
Work schedule: Variable based on intern schedule.