At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports 2020 Best Employers in Sports! USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports’ 2020 Best Employers in Sports! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work. (https://www.outsideonline.com/2418305/best-places-work-2020). USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
To assist with general ledger and overall accounting functions.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- General accounting functions relating to all month-end close, reconciliations, financial accuracy and financial reporting
- Prepares monthly adjusting journal entries
- Participates in month-end process and general ledger reconciliations
- Provides asset and depreciation management
- Generates monthly reports as needed
- Assist with year-end financial audit and 990
- Assess current practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Serve as a finance liaison to assigned USA Triathlon department
- Assist with the company-wide budgetary planning
- Assist with the adequacy of internal controls
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Microsoft Office: Proficiency with Excel, Word, Outlook & Power Point
- Preferred experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge and Expensify
- Problem solver with a deep understanding of accounting best practices
- Dedicated to understanding new processes and technical procedures without guidance
A cover letter is required along with your resume.
Additional Job Information:
Job location: USA Triathlon HQ, 5825 Delmonico Drive, Suite 200, Colorado Springs, CO, 80919
Hiring Pay Range: $47k-$52k
This is a full time, exempt position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.