USA Triathlon Constituent Relationship Intern - Remote
The USA Triathlon (USAT) Constituent Relationship internship is a unique and exciting opportunity to experience the activities of a National Governing Body (NGB). The Constituent Relationship (CR) intern will work directly with the Constituent Relationship Senior Manager and the CR team across all USAT constituent groups including members, clubs, race directors and coaches. During this internship period, the USAT intern will be afforded the opportunity to develop and apply skills in various areas including but not limited to customer service, project development, administrative support, writing and editing, data management and inventory management. This opportunity provides a well-rounded internship for any career-driven individual that focuses on an expanding and innovative department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn the daily functions of the Constituent Relationship Department
- Respond to general member questions and concerns
- Update web and social media content for race directors as needed
- Analyze sanction applications and provide customer service for the race directors
- Support Event Services, Rankings, and Accounting with pre- and post-race materials
- Support Coaching Education and Race Director Education programs in preparation for certifications and webinars
- Connect with USAT clubs to support program development and collaboration across constituent groups
- Track license and sanction fee refunds and transfers from cancelled 2020 events
- Other duties may arise during the course of this internship based on business needs
- Educational Requirements: Enrolled in a Bachelor or Masters degree program preferably in Sport or Business Management
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Detail oriented
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook.
- Passion for sport and the Ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Familiarity with Triathlon preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment.
Anticipated Work Schedule and Other Job Specifications:
- Resume and cover letter are required
- Pay status: Nonpaid/volunteer
- Starting date: ASAP
- Anticipated duration: 6 months
- Intern status: Part time
- Hours per week: 20-30 hours per week, hours are flexible based on candidate scheduling needs
- This will be a remote position