At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports in 2020 and 2021! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 and 2021 Best Places to Work. (https://www.outsideonline.com/2418305/best-places-work-2020). USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018, 2019 and 2021. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
This position is responsible for assisting the Senior Counsel and Risk and Compliance Senior Coordinator in managing risk and compliance for the Legal Team at USA Triathlon. The position plays a critical role in ensuring alignment with U.S. Center for SafeSport and the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) requirements. The team member will be successful at building strong relationships across the organization, committees and constituent groups in order to track training and background check requirements.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively monitors and enforces SafeSport training and compliance requirements by the U.S. Center for SafeSport
- Manages background check system and tracks background checks for all constituents
- Assists with constituent support regarding U.S. Center for SafeSport questions
- Supports annual insurance renewal process
- Manages issuing certificates of insurance to race directors
- Prepares standard operating procedures regarding risk mitigation
- Collaborates with other USA Triathlon business units, Board of Directors, USA Triathlon Foundation, committees and other external agencies
- Educates constituents and staff regarding rules and policy requirements of the U.S. Center for SafeSport, USOPC, and USA Triathlon
- Additional duties as assigned by Senior Counsel
· Bachelor’s degree
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously from inception through execution
· Ability to work independently
· Experience within, or knowledge of, the multisport, endurance or national governing body industries is encouraged
· Proficiency in contemporary digital technologies; software abilities should include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment as part of a team atmosphere, including effective coordination with other business units
Please provide a resume and a cover letter in which you briefly along with your explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
Starting Salary Range: $40,000 - $42,000. This is a full time non exempt position.
SA Triathlon Headquarters, Colorado Springs, CO; Remote option negotiable
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.