The Data Analyst is responsible for internal and external/member facing reporting.
The Data Analyst will be an integral part of modernizing USA Swimming’s data culture and ensuring data is accurately and properly exposed to end users. The Data Analyst will play a role in maintaining the data warehouse and associated ETLs.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and data quality issues.
- Fulfill internal and external custom SQL requests.
- Expose data to end users using Data Warehouse and Power BI, or other modern reporting and visualization platform.
- Answer membership and times data-related customer service questions from members.
· Design and build Azure Logic Apps to automate programs.
- Understand USA Swimming’s complex business rules to ensure accurate execution of tasks.
- Work closely with the Times & Recognition Committee to automate recognition programs.
- Work closely with the Senior Development Committee to develop and automate the creation of USA Swimming Time Standards.
- Work closely with the Club Development Committee to ensure coaches and clubs have access to the necessary data reports to succeed.
- Teach and train end users how to utilize new member-facing software.
- Predictive Modeling with respect to membership, financials, and performance.
- Assist the technology team with documenting improvements to SWIMS and public facing applications and widgets.
- Assist the technology team with automation of programs like Club Excellence and Scholastic All-America.
- Effective October 1, 2021, USA Swimming is requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with USA Swimming’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this requirement to safeguard the health and safety of our team members, athletes, coaches, trainers, contractors, and vendors. Any and all job offers will be contingent upon proof of vaccination or an approved exemption from the requirement due to medical or religious reasons.
- Bachelor’s Degree in data science, statistics, analytics, information management, related field or equivalent
o Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years working experience in a professional environment
- Willing to relocate to Colorado Springs, CO
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with data visualization/reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Python, R, or other statistical coding language
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Experience with Azure services: Azure Data Factory, Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL DB, Azure Databricks, ML Studio, Azure Data Lake, etc. preferred
- Experience with Azure performance and monitoring tools preferred
- Working knowledge of OLAP data models, including snowflake and star schemas and cube design preferred
- Swimming experience/knowledge of USA Swimming preferred
- Experience as a USA Swimming coach preferred
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range for this position is $62,000 - $68,000 / year
- Benefits available include:
o Medical, dental and vision
o Company paid short-term and long-term disability
o Company paid life insurance
o Parental leave
o 401(k) w/ match after 1 year of service
o Profit sharing and safe harbor match after 2 years of service
o 12 paid holidays
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job; other duties may be assigned.
USA Swimming is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer