USA Cycling is the national governing body for the sport of cycling and oversees the disciplines of road, track, mountain bike, cyclocross and BMX. With a mission to develop the sport of cycling in the United States and to achieve sustained international racing success, USA Cycling supports a community of diverse cyclists at all levels, from those just beginning in the sport and participating in fun rides to seasoned professionals. The organization not only identifies, develops, and selects cyclists to represent the United States in international competition, but also supports amateur bike racing through grassroots development programs and the provision of critical infrastructure to run organized racing. We Champion every aspect of the sport as advocates for the best of American cycling. USA Cycling is actively engaged in the ongoing work of growing the cycling community-internally and externally-to better reflect the diversity of the country. This role will be based in our headquarters, so any potential candidates will need to reside locally in Colorado Springs or nearby surrounding areas.
The National Events Coordinator is a full-time role working to support USA Cycling’s National Championships, event participants, domestic calendars, and National Events staff.
- Work with vendors to fulfill National Championship jersey and medal requirements.
- Accurately track and manage onsite USA Cycling inventory of jerseys and medals.
- Update, disseminate, and coordinate domestic cycling calendars.
- Prepare and coordinate travel arrangements for National Events team.
- Work with clothing and merchandise partner for product sales.
- Support National Events team in all aspects of pre-planning required for National Championships.
- Provide high level customer service and support to both internal staff and the external cycling community.
- Perform these above and other duties as assigned.
- Generally requires 1-2 years administrative assistant experience
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, with the ability to navigate high-stress situations and keep composure
- Clear and professional verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Home office space that allows you to perform job responsibilities in a quiet work area with reliable internet service (Some core responsibilities will require office work)
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to think critically about priorities and make smart trade-offs
- Attention to detail and show commitment to quality results
- Excellent verbal/written presentation and interpersonal skills
- Positive, can-do attitude with ability to be creative in overcoming resource limitations
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Domestic travel approximately 30% of the year
- We encourage staff to review CDC and state public health webpages for policies and recommendations relevant to domestic travel.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time non-exempt position based in our Colorado Springs headquarters.
- Base salary for the position is $15 per hour.
- Comprehensive total rewards package (Medical/Dental/Vision/Health Savings Account/403(b)/Paid Holidays), an exciting work environment and inclusive culture
USA Cycling is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.