*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
As a key contributor to U.S. Soccer’s HR department, the HR Coordinator will be responsible for utilizing U.S. Soccer’s HRIS system (Paylocity) to support the HR department’s strategic initiatives and goals. This person will be focused on all things involving Employee and Recruiting. This person will be tasked with ensuring all confidential employee records and data are maintained accurate and true.
- Support the onboarding process by setting up new hires from beginning to end in Paylocity and offboarding changes resulting from terminations
- Process employee record changes including but not limited to personnel action forms, non-base pay requests, W-4s, and benefits deductions
- Review personnel forms to ensure they are complete and appropriately approved
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Support the Manager, HR with audits (401k, compliance audits, etc.), analyzing payroll data, and special projects
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested
- Prepares new-employee files
- Processes mail
- Other HR projects and tasks as assigned
- Schedule and lead intake meetings with hiring manager(s) to align on the hiring process for open positions
- Manage positions and postings on the applicant tracking system, through HRIS Paylocity
- Post new job openings online through hiring platforms, website(s) and relevant job boards
- Screen applications for qualified candidates
- Conduct first round phone screens to identify top candidates in line with company values and business needs
- Oversee candidate scheduling for all interviews, visits, travel and accommodations
- Perform reference checks upon request
- Partner closely with the Director, Human Resources to determine appropriate offer recommendations
- Work closely with the Director, Human Resources to ensure a smooth hand off for hires to onboarding
- Participate in job and career fairs
- Track hiring metrics including time-to-hire, time-to-fill and source of hire
- Handle additional recruiting projects and assignments as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least one year of combined experience working in human resources
- Familiarity with applicant tracking systems a plus
- Strong interest in human resources and talent acquisition/recruiting
- Superb verbal communication skills and able to communicate clearly by phone and in-person
- Strong professional written skills
- Detail-oriented with high accuracy
- Proactive-oriented professional, ready to learn and take ownership of work
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to develop a rapport with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Ability to work quickly under tight deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office skills e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or other related fields
- At least one year of combined recruiting related experience
- Knowledge of sourcing techniques on social media and niche professional websites like LinkedIn
- Passion for the sport a plus
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.