U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect.
U.S. Soccer is now hiring a full-time Associate in the Finance Department! U.S. Soccer internships, referred to as Associates, are full-time, 6 month paid opportunities making an impact in the world of soccer in the United States.
As a contributing member of the Finance department at U.S. Soccer, this position reports to the Staff Accountant. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with an educational background in accounting or finance who is looking to gain experience in the sports finance industry and/or has one year of related experience. The Associate supports the Finance department with all organizational financial needs, including AP/AR invoice processing, monthly financial reporting, expense reimbursements, and assisting with the management of the organization’s financial accounting.
- Performs routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger and AP/AR tasks
- Posts journal entries, creates customer invoices, verifies vendor bills, processes check deposits, and facilitates check runs
- Tracks and reports on membership registration activity and ensures proper reporting for annual National Council voting rights
- Supports the federation’s expense management platform, corporate credit card program, and assists with related technology migrations of financial programs
- Assists with U.S. Men’s National Team and U.S. Women’s National Team game closeouts, including ticket revenue analysis, venue financials game closeouts and overall financial performance
- Completes moderately complex calculations, formulas, and functions such as Vlookup, filters, data validation, conditional formatting, and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
- Assists as needed with monthly financial close activities
- Supports special projects and additional analysis as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Strong understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Ability to communicate using Video Teleconferencing solutions (i.e. Zoom, Microsoft Teams)
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, OneNote
- Advance skills in Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong verbal, written, and in-person communication skills
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure and deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Previous internship or work experience in business, accounting, or finance role(s)
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with ERP (SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, MIP, etc.) and reporting systems
- Experience with expense management (Chrome River, Concur, Adobe etc.) and finance software (HRIS)
- Involvement in business, finance, or accounting related organizations
- Passion for soccer is a plus
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.