U.S. Figure Skating, the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of figure skating, located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is accepting applications for the position of Manager, National Camps & Special Events. U.S. Figure Skating is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the International Skating Union (ISU).
U.S. Figure Skating is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by law or regulation. We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Responsibilities Include: The Manager, National Camps & Special Events is responsible for the completion of the tasks listed herein. Emphasis will be placed on ability to work in a team environment, balance multiple projects and deadlines, accuracy, timeliness, flexibility and professionalism.
Applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management or related field, with 3-5 years of proven experience in event management, event operations, or logistics. Applicant must be available to travel as required. Knowledge of figure skating competition structure is required. Applicant must possess excellent communication and time management skills with a high level of initiative. Applicant must demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships with volunteers and employees from all levels of the organization. Ability to work evening and weekend hours and travel as needed. Position will be based in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Classification: Exempt – Salaried Position
Reporting Requirement: Reports to Senior Director, Events
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; Annual Salary Range $42,000-$52,000
U. S. Figure Skating - Manager, National Camps and Special Events Description of Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Reporting to the Senior Director, Events, the position of Manager, National Camps & Special Events will work with the appropriate stakeholders across all departments to ensure the overall success of assigned U.S. Figure Skating camps and special events with special emphasis on advance planning, successful onsite management and establishing consistency and best practices for all U.S. Figure Skating camps and special events.
- Coordinate responsibilities and timeline across departments for assigned camps and special events.
- Support in the overall RFP process to place the camp/special event in an appropriate venue/location, oversight of arena contract(s) to include ice and room usage.
- Manage hotel bid process including overall negotiation and contracting (if applicable) to ensure accurate room blocks/room usage, meeting room needs and catering; manage rooming lists and maximize rebate/commissions.
- Oversee and execute a transportation plan for the event/program; if applicable.
- Maintain event rider to include venue set-up, schedule(s), ice utilization schedule, operational needs, A/V needs, health, and safety protocols, etc.
- Coordinate volunteer needs with local hosts, if applicable.
- Create logistics guide for participants, if applicable
- Hospitality: Ensure meals are coordinated appropriately.
- Medical / Health and Safety: Ensure that appropriate protocols are followed.
- In partnership with stakeholders, coordinate the overall needs for signage, credentials that may be necessary.
- Oversight of any gift items that may be procured and distributed within approved budget.
- Manage overall registration process including the organization of the check-in process onsite.
- Responsible for timely and accurate post-event financial settlement.
In addition, this position will support the overall success of the Events Department with an emphasis on supporting the overall logistics in planning for the following U.S. Figure Skating competitions annually:
- U.S. Figure Skating qualifying competitions
- Skate America
- U.S. Figure Skating Championships
- International/ISU events as assigned