U.S. Figure Skating, the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of figure skating, located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is accepting applications for the position of Intern, High Performance. U.S. Figure Skating is a member of the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) and the International Skating Union (ISU).
U.S. Figure Skating is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by law or regulation. We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
The High Performance Intern, a member of the U.S. Figure Skating Athlete High Performance Department, is responsible for the completion of the tasks listed herein. Emphasis willbeplacedon abilitytoworkinateamenvironment,balancemultipleprojectsanddeadlines, accuracy, attention to detail, timeliness, and professionalism. This position will play an important role throughout the 2021-22 Olympic season.
- Minimum of 3 years of undergraduate study in sports management or similar field
- Passion for sport and the ideals of the Olympic Movement
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication, organization and human relations skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced multidisciplinary team environment
- Willingness to participate in the full Intern Program (8-9 months)
Classification: Intern, No Employee Benefits
Reporting Requirement: Athlete High Performance Logistics, Manager
Pay: $1,400 monthly stipend
Application: Send cover letter and resume to: Courtney Burson at email@example.com. Review of resumes and applications will begin immediately, and applicants will be accepted until the position is filled.
The High Performance Intern will provide direct support to the Athlete High Performance Department at U.S. Figure Skating for all functions relating to International Selection Pool (ISP) athletes and coaches in singles, pairs and ice dance. The High Performance Intern will support the Team USA Coordinator with organizing the logistics of all U.S. teams traveling to international competitions during the 2021-22 season.
The U.S. Figure Skating High Performance department is looking for an individual that is a team player, fast learner, and detail-oriented. Ideal candidates would be available to start as soon as possible in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Coordinating all logistics of at least two (2) U.S. teams traveling internationally and support the Team USA Coordinator with all other events. Tasks will include:
- Assist Team USA Coordinator with logistics and preparation for international events
- Communicating with the delegation and team staff prior to the event
- Completing entry, hotel and travel forms and sending them to the respective Local
- Organizing Committee (LOC) and International Skating Union (ISU)
- Preparing the team leader with all information necessary prior to departure
- Assisting in the final wrap-up of each event
- Support from HQ during the Olympic Games
The High Performance Intern will aid in the following High Performance programming:
- Assist with High Performance Summer Camps
- Team USA apparel
- Aid in the athlete funding process
- Assist with competition readiness tracking
- Assisting the High Performance Medical team with shipment and tracking of medical supplies
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Team USA Coordinator with organizing the logistics of U.S. teams traveling to international competitions during the 2021-22 season
- Provide logistical support at headquarters through the duration of the 2022 Olympic Winter Games
- Attend weekly meetings and participate as part of the Athlete High Performance Department