**Please attach a resume in either Word document or PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**
This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
This position is responsible for creating and revising designs for the Federation; liaising with managers, clients and printers; overseeing all aspects of design both for web and print production; maintaining knowledge of current design trends; and managing design workflow in a timely fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates with in-house clients regarding design needs.
- Fulfills design work orders for a variety of visual communication projects including the design and development of e-blasts, media kits, promotional materials, web banners/pages, and other media publications.
- Create, revise and reviews forms to ensure branding is consistent.
- Obtains price quotes from external printing companies.
- Communicates with printing companies regarding printing requirements and status of printing projects.
- Adheres to project timelines and verifies all deadlines are being met
- Provides status reports to management and others as necessary.
- Consults with IT department regarding web design requirements and coding.
- Meets with other members of department to determine workload distribution.
- Designs and creates editorial sections for bi-monthly issues of US Equestrian magazine.
- Enhances knowledge of current design trends and design programs.
- Reviews trade publications.
- Maintains technical skills via video tutorials.
- Attends occasional design workshops.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional written communication skills (i.e. spelling, grammar, proper formatting, proofreading, e-mail etiquette, etc.).
- Ability to use Illustrator in creating and manipulating vector images.
- Ability to use Photoshop to manipulate photographs and other digital images.
- Ability to use InDesign in the layout of digital and print publications
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and designing branded content.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity in design.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and meet tight deadlines.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office software, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience in graphic design or equivalent preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything over 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage applications from black, indigenous, and people of color, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
*This is not a remote position.