This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
Under general direction of the Managing Director of Eventing, the focus of this position manages the business side of the Eventing Discipline focusing on the development of the U.S. Eventing calendar, USEF National Eventing Rules and integration with FEI Eventing Rules and calendar processes. This position will also support, in partnership with the equivalent Director in Dressage, the Non-Olympic FEI disciplines. This position promotes and develops the Eventing discipline for the Federation builds and strengthens member relationships by providing exceptional customer service; serves as Federation liaison to the FEI Eventing Calendar Working Group which includes management of the U.S. FEI Eventing Calendar of events; serves as liaison to the Eventing Rules Working Group including the oversight of the rule change process for Eventing rule changes; Serves as the primary Eventing liaison with key Departments within the Federation that managing athlete, horse and competition services. Ensures exceptional member service is provided and member relationships are enhanced.
Duties and Responsibilities:
FEI Calendar Management:
- Serve as Eventing Calendar Working Group Liaison
- Coordinate regularly organized meetings including recording minutes from those meetings
- Implement committee actions, including communication to other departments within the Federation.
- Process FEI Eventing event applications according to the approved Policies and Procedures
- Regularly update the Eventing web page with Calendar and Policies and Procedures updates
- Manage bid processes including those for FEI named events and USEF Series and Championships
- Coordinate Event Reports for consideration by the relevant Working Group and Committee
- Develop and maintain working relationship with FEI Organizers
- Review FEI Draft Schedules for major FEI events in the U.S.
- Work with the Marketing Department to assist with development of press releases as needed
- Knowledge of FEI Rules, FEI events, and FEI Entry System
- Serve as Rules Working Group Liaison
- Oversee rule change process for Eventing rules
- Field member questions and emails regarding the Eventing Discipline on daily basis
- Process rule related requests for the Eventing Sport Committee such as Limited Entry.
- Maintain awareness of and identify industry issues as they relate to potential rule changes
- Coordinate with Affiliate on potential rule changes including joint meetings to present changes together wherever possible
- Communicating the impact and purpose of rule changes to membership including potential presentations during Affiliate Annual Meeting
- Communicate new rule changes to Licensed Officials, Competition Managers, and Competition Secretaries
- Review USEF Stewards Reports and follow up where necessary
- Process Licensed Officials request for Eventing Sport Committee
- Attend regular Steward License Maintenance calls to present current industry issues and answer questions
- Develop and maintain working relationship with USEF and FEI Licensed Officials
- Work with Licensed Officials Department to promote USEF Judges and Course Designers to the FEI level and encourage more members to become Licensed Officials
- Work with Affiliate on the Licensed Officials Policies and Procedures
- Support Driving and Endurance with Rules and Calendar management as detailed above and in coordination with the Directors of Driving and Endurance.
Primary Eventing liaison for Departments within the Federation;
- Athlete & Horse Services
- Competition Licensing
- Competition Services
- Licensed Officials
Customer Service, External and Internal:
- Build member relationships by providing excellent customer service assisting members with questions regarding rules, competitions, and other customer concerns.
- Strengthen internal relationships by providing excellent customer service assisting other departments with Eventing related issues, taking responsibility for actions, and supporting other departments with their goals.
- Ensure daily operations are completed effectively and the Federation is represented professionally and positively.
Goals and Objectives:
- Committee work is appropriately organized, meetings are professionally facilitated and committee objectives are met.
- Support provided to committee is effective; committee projects, actions and rules are implemented.
- Customer service provided is effective and positive so that member relationships are developed, information provided is accurate and problems are resolved.
- Efforts and activities enhance the image of the Federation and support the Federation’s mission.
- Effective and timely communication is maintained within the discipline community and with all stakeholders.
- Deadlines are consistently met as required and projects are effectively managed and within budget.
- Supervisor remains informed regarding the status of projects and relevant issues impacting the department.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience, especially Rules, in the discipline of USEF and FEI Eventing strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and the ability to multi task
- Some travel required.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college preferred.
- Minimum two years administrative experience required.
- Experience in the equestrian sport or related field preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything above 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
**Please attach a resume in PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**