**Please attach a resume in PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**
This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
Under direction of the Assistant Director of Accounting, this position analyzes customer account balances, processes necessary adjustments and/or refunds, collects outstanding accounts receivable, processes incoming packages, performs quality review functions, serves as a backup for all processors in the Finance Dept., and supports other processes within the Finance department as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorts and opens incoming packages.
- Assist with processing for all Finance Representatives
- Supports Post Competition Report processing, show pass invoicing and collection.
- Send non-member amateur letters, donation letters and account statements.
- Analyzes customer account balances and processes necessary adjustments and/or refunds.
- Collects outstanding accounts receivable by communicating with staff and members.
- Performs clerical duties such as copying, sending faxes, opening/delivering mail, and other communications.
- Assist with scanning and document uploads.
Goals and Objectives:
- Packages are opened and delivered daily in a timely manner.
- Exceptional service is provided to both internal and external customers, difficult customer situations are diffused and handled professionally, verbal and written communication is professional and accurate information and assistance is provided.
- Invoices are entered accurately, adjustments and/or refunds are made as needed, and all accounts are reconciled and statements are issued to members timely.
- Inconsistencies and errors in financial processes are documented and reported to the Assistant Director of Accounting.
- Complete backup duties in a timely manner.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
- Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year clerical work experience required.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds. (Anything over 25 pounds requires a two person lift)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
*This is not a remote position.