Assists the department in multiple assigned areas to include: pantry, grill, service, cashier, and stewarding. Responsible for follow up and follow through in assigned production area to include preparation of related food items to effectively service the salad bar, hotline, and grill stations. Supports, maintains, and monitors serving lines ensuring the highest level of products and service are readily available.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares ingredients for all recipes. Ensures the pantry production is completed and follows established par levels for daily requirements. Assists with serving line service and set up. Provides grill support as necessary. Responsible for following proper food handling standards for all assigned areas to include use of cutting glove.
- Performs daily inventories of products in assigned area to ensure inventory meets production demands and waste is minimal. Communicates with Sr. Executive Chef and/or Culinary Administrator when additional support is needed.
- Responsible for box lunch and dessert production. Keeps management informed when customers cancel their box lunch orders. Ensures desserts are fresh and readily available.
- Keeps Sr. Executive Chef and Culinary Administrator informed of all pantry, grill, salad bar, and hotline recipe concerns to include suggestions for modifications. Ensures clear and concise work direction is given to staff assigned to the area while ensuring product is available throughout the meal service.
- Follows menu rotation provided by Culinary Administrator. Ensures all meats are pulled and completes meat prep in a timely manner. Takes the appropriate action to ensure products are consistent, fresh, and properly prepared. Takes responsibility for visually-appealing presentation when assigned to salad bar, hot line, and recovery station while ensuring they are adequately filled and maintained.
- Assists with cashier duties, stewarding, and dedicated events as assigned.
- Takes initiative to suggest improvements to the operating format, communicates ideas about improving and maintaining standards in their area, and fills in as needed to ensure efficient operations.
- Follows up and follows through on daily production/tasks lists to ensure completion of production, staffing, and shift reporting via the communication log.
- Reports all general maintenance and equipment malfunctions to any management team member on duty. Responsible to train and assist staff on the proper maintenance and use of equipment.
- Reports all incidents/accidents to management immediately. Completes necessary documentation in detail and submits to management.
- Follows policies and procedures of the USOC, OTC, and the department. Complies with OSHA work and Health Department food safety regulations. Upholds USOC code of ethics. Embraces and supports Olympic Culture and key USOC behaviors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Required
- High School graduate or G.E.D., with ability to read, write and comprehend at a 12th grade level
Licensure & Certification:
- Serve Safe Certification required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in food production and handling, with knowledge of nutrition on related food production.
- Thorough knowledge of proper sanitation and safety practices as it relates to day–to-day responsibilities and health department regulations.
- General knowledge of the care and safe usage of food service equipment and kitchen utensils. Ability to be trained and certified on operation of equipment found in a commercial kitchen.
- Ability to read recipes and understand measurements.
- Ability to effectively guide work teams, and train others.
- Ability to display good customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of proper use of chemicals.
- Organizational skills, attention to detail. Dependable. Completes all work assignments.
Tools, Equipment, & Conditions
- Ability to work flexible schedule of various shifts to include days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Exposed to extreme temperature working conditions.
- Prolonged standing, minimal sitting.
- Various repetitive motions to include but not limited to bending, kneeling, and reaching, and ability to lift 50 pounds using the buddy system.
- Must wear safety-lift belt when lifting 50 lbs. or more, or assigned repetitive lifting of over 20 lbs.
- Exposure to chemicals
- Shared workspace.
- Commercial kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Regular attendance at work is an essential job function.
Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center
$11.90 - $15.00