We are looking for highly-motivated individuals to serve as a Club Volleyball Coaches for the country’s largest volleyball club East Coast Power Volleyball in our West division who practices at United Sports Training Center in Downingtown, PA. Coaches should possess a love for the game and a passion for positive youth development fostered by sport.
Coaches will be responsible for:
- Attending and planning/preparing for all practice sessions and tournaments.
- Complying with clubwide standards for player development by age and utilizing coaching tools provided by ECP to ensure these standards are met.
- Instructing and demonstrating skill sets and techniques necessary for the development and athletic achievement in the sport.
- Communicating regularly with players and parents via email, Team Snap and face to face interaction.
- Setting an overall positive tone on and off the court.
- Demonstrating good sportsmanship and maintaining appropriate conduct towards athletes, opposing team, refs, spectators, etc.
Coaches should posses:
- Experience playing volleyball at a collegiate level; coaching experience a plus
- Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Positive communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as well as part of a team
- Desire to help develop good athletes as well as strong, confident young people, creating a lifelong love for the sport
All coaches must be USAV registered members to coach a club season. The must also possess or obtain the following state and federal clearances prior to training and before engaging in any hands-on activities with young people per PA Act153 and East Coast Power Volleyball.
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance Form
- Federal (FBI) Fingerprint Background Check (Criminal History Report)
Coaches are paid a flat rate for the club season based on location & level of team coached as well as a travel expense credit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.