Sales Consultant - University of Toledo
The Aspire Group
Marketing: Ticket Marketing
Reports To: Manger, Sales & Service, The Aspire Group
Visit www.theaspiregroupinc.com for more information.
Who We Are & What We Are About: Recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular, United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research; ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement; and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our client partners to the next level.
The University of Toledo Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales and service team in Toledo, Ohio. Toledo Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, UT Athletics and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every client. UT Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Position Overview: The Aspire Group seeks a positive and passionate individual that is committed to becoming a sports sales industry leader. Sales and Service Consultant’s revenue will be generated primarily via outbound phone calls. These calls will be supplemented with email marketing. Day to day leadership and mentoring of this career growth oriented sports sales development program will be provided by the FRMC Leadership Team. Sales and Service Consultants will receive the tools, programs and systems necessary for them to "BE GREAT."
Raise Your Game Executive Development Program: At The Aspire Group, commitment to our clients is matched by an equal commitment to our staff. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is a 36 month development cycle designed to accelerate Aspire’s Sales Consultants into management positions. The Aspire Group provides career growth opportunities by preparing staff with a foundation in Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service, Sales Management, Sport Business Management and Life Skills. The Raise Your Game Executive Development Program is recognized as one of the most progressive management training program in the sport industry.
Inventory which is available for sale from the University of Toledo FRMC includes, but is not limited to:
a) Season tickets
b) Group tickets
c) Partial/Mini-Plan ticket packages
d) Single game tickets
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals while exceeding client expectations in value and customer service
- Grow sales significantly each week by attracting additional business leads
- Maintain computerized records of all prospects and customers within Ticketing/ CRM database
- Work home games, performing various box office operations and ticket sales & service duties as assigned and agreed upon with supervisor
- Contact area businesses and individuals via phone, in-person appointments and networking events to sell season tickets, corporate, partial plans and group ticket plans
- Make 80-100 outbound calls daily
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management or related field
- Desire to start and grow a career in the sports ticket sales industry or collegiate athletics
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail oriented
- Previous customer service or retail sales experience; display a genuine desire to help people
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills
- Professional image and demeanor
- Ability to work well with others and comfortable taking initiative
- Preferred candidates will have at least 1 year sports ticket sales experience, however this is not required
Compensation: Competitive Base Salary, with the opportunity to earn commission on meeting or exceeding ticket sales goals. Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k with matching program
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.
How did you hear about this job?