Manager, Ticket Sales and Service with The Aspire Group in Beaumont, TX
The Aspire Group jobs
Sports Jobs in Beaumont, TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
Manager, Ticket Sales and Service
Vice President, FRMC - The Aspire Group
Lamar University - Beaumont, TX
Expiration Date: 6/30/2019
Who We Are & What We Are About:
Recently recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 10 Best Places to Work in Sports, The Aspire Group is a global sport and entertainment marketing firm that created the outsourced Ticket Marketing, Sales and Service niche, revolutionizing the world of sport and in particular United States Intercollegiate Athletics. As industry leaders, we strive to create the best practices of tomorrow that we call “Next-Practices” within our strategic consulting and research, ticketing, marketing and revenue enhancement, and sports investment optimization capabilities. The implementation of “Next Practices” and the Raise Your Game Executive Development Program raises industry standards through outstanding training, development, and coaching. We produce industry leaders, excellent employees, and winning teams that are dedicated to developing long-term relationships, providing strategic expertise and resources that will take our partners to the next level. For more information, please visit our website at www.theaspiregroupinc.com.
Lamar University Athletics and The Aspire Group have formed a relationship to develop a world-class ticket sales team in Beaumont, TX. Lamar Athletics has employed the services of The Aspire Group because it combines progressive strategies and distinguished execution. Led by expert professionals that stand at the top of the ticket sales and customer service industry, Lamar Athletics and its fans will benefit from the commitment to integrity and the superior customer service that The Aspire Group brings to every client. Lamar Athletics and The Aspire Group encourage and value a diverse work force and both are equal opportunity employers.
Lamar University Athletics and The Aspire Group seek a Manager of Ticket Sales and Service with the responsibility of managing staff and overseeing ticket sales responsibilities for ticketed sports to generate new revenue and service existing accounts as well as supporting the acquisition of new Cardinal Club donations. The Manager will be integral in the development of ticket sales & service strategies. This position requires someone who is highly motivated to contribute to the overall ticket sales & service efforts and passionate about staff leadership and development.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sell tickets for ticketed sports through outbound, inbound and renewal sales. Selling tickets, will include Football, Men’s & Women’s Basketball and baseball. Inventory available for sale will include but is not limited to: season tickets, multiple game packages, group ticket packages, single game and post-season tickets.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise Sales & Service staff.
- Develop and execute approved Annual Business and Sales Plan and Operating Budget.
- Lead, motivate, develop and retain sales and service staff for future succession within the department and The Aspire Group organization.
- Serve as a member of the external operations team.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the new Fan Relationship Management Center profitably while exceeding client expectations in revenue generation and customer service.
- Grow business each year.
- Manager will be responsible for personal sales goals and contributing to annual revenue growth.
- Prospect and target new sales opportunities to include season tickets, group tickets and donations.
- Execute annual business and sales plan goals and operating budget.
- Monitor, manage and evaluate staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals and provide follow up with staff with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
- Work with the university liaison to develop, present and communicate ticket sales strategies, procedures and processes.
- Assist with the creation, planning, communication, and implementation of special ticket plans, projects, promotions and programs.
- Ongoing development of New Ticket Sales and Ticket Service program in the following areas: new business generation, season tickets, sales leadership, development of sales & service strategies, sales & service training, development of best practices and results tracking and reporting.
- Track and report daily, weekly and monthly sales figures and relevant accountability.
- Leads in the development of ticket marketing, promotions, ticket pricing, sales strategies and community ticket/sampling programs, etc.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management or related field.
- 1-2 years of sports ticket sales experience with a minimum of 1 year in Ticket Sales or Service Management/Team Leader preferred.
- Computer proficient (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook) and detail-oriented.
- Experience with ticketing software and CRM program preferred.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Professional image and demeanor at all times.
- Ability to work well with others and confidence when taking initiative.
- Available to work Athletic events including home games and special events in evenings and on weekends.
- Ability to effectively coach and manage others.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Other duties as required.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn commission upon meeting or exceeding ticket sales goals. Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, other voluntary health benefits and 401k with company match. Excellent paid time off program.
The Aspire Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, other protected status, such as race, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, marital status, citizenship status or age.
How did you hear about this job?