*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position: Academy U14 Head Coach
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Academy Manager
Charlotte FC Overview
On December 17, 2019, David Tepper, through Tepper Sports and Entertainment (TSE) was awarded the 30th Major League Soccer Franchise for Charlotte and the Carolinas. Now named Charlotte FC, the club is building to be an organization that can help deliver success, both on the field and in the wider community.
The club is set to kick off its inaugural game in Spring 2022 and will play all of its home games at Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte.
Charlotte FC Academy Overview
The Charlotte FC Academy will develop some of the most talented soccer players in the nation, with the aim of earning a professional contract with Charlotte FC. The mission is to develop Homegrown Players comparable to the world’s best. As the program develops, the academy will aim to provide an average of two players per year to MLS. The club will emphasize the holistic development of each individual, producing well-rounded individuals who become valuable members of the community.
Head coach of the U14 Academy team will lead all day-to-day on and off field coaching, education, and development of the U14 team. The position will also take an active role as assistant coach to the U15 team. This position will also include a dual role of overseeing the Academies Youth Club Partnerships. This will comprise of growing and developing Youth Club Partnerships across Charlotte FC’s MLS Territory and open territories.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily.
- To emphasize Academy values of: PROGRESSIVE, ABITIOUS and COLLECTIVE, and the importance of being respectful, polite and considerate
- Create weekly, monthly and seasonal periodization plan for U14 Academy Team, in line with Charlotte FC Academy curriculum and playing identity
- Daily coaching sessions with U14 Academy players/teams
- Assistant coach to the U15 team, working with the team at least 3 times a week
- Being proactive in daily/weekly planning meetings, share feedback and provide recommendations
- Attend all games, travel with Academy teams as required
- Some scouting
- Provide formal and in-formal player reviews at the direction of the club
- Provide video analysis for team and each player
- Create Individual Development Plans for each player
- Oversee and manage Youth Club Partnership deliverables and agreed upon between CLTFC and the Youth Club
- Other duties as assigned
- Individual should be a qualified soccer coach – USSF coaching license (or equivalences) as well as youth coaching experience
- At least a B License and/or equivalent or evidence of working towards
- Excellent Skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have experience with video editing and presentation
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays when necessary
- Must be flexible and willing to travel to away trips and events
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license to drive to team van during team travel as required
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Previous playing and/or coaching experience at the college or professional academy soccer level
- Experience within an education environment
- Proficient in Spanish
- Must demonstrate professionalism, be punctual and exhibit reliable attributes
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills and the ability to work with diverse groups
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must display strong ethical conduct
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information
- Ensure the integrity of the club and the club code of conduct are maintained at all times
- The ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks
- Must have the ability to actively listen
- Detail-oriented and critical thinking
- Open minded
- Adaptable and flexible
- Driven and energetic
- Creative and curious
- Organized and reliable
- Must be able to traverse various athletic grounds and facilities
- Prolonged periods of standing or walking
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time
- Must be able to drive a vehicle
This job operates mostly outside on athletic fields at times which may include inclement weather conditions. This position may often require travel to away trips and events.
NOTE: All interested candidates must apply for this position via the careers portal. Any resumes or inquiries sent outside the system will not be accepted
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.