*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Charlotte FC Overview
On December 17, 2019, David Tepper, through Tepper Sports and Entertainment (TSE) was awarded the 30th Major League Soccer Franchise for Charlotte and the Carolinas. Now named Charlotte FC, the club is building to be an organization that can help deliver success, both on the field and in the wider community. The club is set to kick off its inaugural game in Spring 2022 and will play all of its home games at Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte.
Charlotte FC Academy Overview
The Charlotte FC Academy will develop some of the most talented soccer players in the nation, with the aim of earning a professional contract with Charlotte FC. The mission is to develop Homegrown Players comparable to the world’s best. As the program develops, the academy will aim to provide an average of two players per year to MLS. The club will emphasize the holistic development of each individual, producing well-rounded individuals who become valuable members of the community.
This position will lead all day-to-day administrative operations of the Charlotte FC Academy. The role will include Academy scheduling, travel logistics, managing the Academy communications app, equipment, and transportation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following essential duties satisfactorily.
- Organize and coordinate the weekly Academy schedule
- Plan and book all Academy travel including ground travel, air travel and all lodging
- Execute all Academy Player and Staff registration for MLS Next
- Play active role in managing Academy budget and financial reporting in coordination with Academy Manager and Technical Director
- Manage Academy communications app – “Teamworks”
- Organize, track, and distribute all Academy player and staff equipment and uniform, includes printing of uniform
- Transportation of some players to practice daily - Monday through Thursday between 3pm-6pm
- Travel with teams on away trips and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Individual should have experience in budget management
- Excellent Skills in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be flexible to work evenings and/or weekends, including events held on weekends, nights, and holidays when necessary
- Must be flexible and willing to travel to away trips and events
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license to drive to team van during team travel as required
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar area of study or equivalent relevant work experience
- Previous experience in youth or professional sports administration
- Proficient in Spanish
- Must demonstrate professionalism, be punctual and exhibit reliable attributes
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills and the ability to work with diverse groups
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must display strong ethical conduct
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information
- Ensure the integrity of the club and the club code of conduct are maintained at all times
- The ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks
- Must have the ability to actively listen
- Detail-oriented and critical thinking
- Open minded
- Adaptable and flexible
- Driven and energetic
- Creative and curious
- Organized and reliable
- Sitting at desk and computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to traverse various athletic grounds and facilities
- Prolonged periods of standing or walking
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time
- Must be able to drive a vehicle
This job operates mostly in an office environment and outside on athletic fields at times which may include inclement weather conditions. This position may often require travel to away trips and events.
NOTE: All interested candidates must apply for this position via the careers portal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.