In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
JOB TITLE: Graphic Designer
DEPARTMENT/GROUP: Creative Content
LOCATION: CLTFC/400 S. Tryon
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Sr. Creative Manager + Team Photographer
ABOUT CHARLOTTE FC
Charlotte Football Club is bringing Major League Soccer to the Carolinas and began play March 5th, 2022, before an MLS record crowd of 74,479. The Club’s mission is to be a unifying force that is bigger than one city and encourage a sense of belonging through a progressive, collective, and ambitious approach that guides efforts on and off the pitch. CLTFC is committed to driving growth through the sport and community outreach. Charlotte FC’s home is Bank of America Stadium which underwent soccer-specific renovations totaling $50 million. These updates provide an elite venue for MLS matches and a unique experience for players and fans. Charlotte FC is owned by David Tepper and is a part of Tepper Sports & Entertainment, which also includes Bank of America Stadium and the Carolina Panthers. For more information, visit CharlotteFootballClub.com.
Charlotte Football Club is seeking a talented Graphic Designer with experience producing graphics for digital and print publications. The ideal candidate should have a strong design-forward skill set to innovative design, branding and content creation. This position will have an impact across the business with a focus on supporting marketing and brand initiatives. Graphic Designers work closely with the Lead Graphic Designer on a day-to-day bases and report to the Sr. Creative Manager.
- Assist the development of the visual brand identity of Charlotte Football Club with a primary focus on marketing, partnerships, and ticketing creative needs.
- Collaborate with marketing, sponsorship, digital, ticketing, and other departments within the organization to consistently produce deliverables in a timely and effective manner
- Work directly with the design team on brainstorming, developing, and executing design work for the organization. These include but are not limited to marketing materials, logos, signage, installations, promotional items, advertisements, brochures, flyers, etc.
- Deliver real-time content on matchdays and assist in the development of content as needed
- Constantly develop skills and explore new creative techniques
- Communicate creative ideas within a collaborative environment
- Assist with organizing and adding to a brand asset management system
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-3 years of experience creating various types of media including digital and print
- Must be experienced with using Adobe’s Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Strong understanding of layout (i.e. typography, balance, scale) and other design fundamental techniques
- Must be able to take design project from concept to completion and use project management software to track workflow
- Experience in taking creative ideas and translating them to visual presentations
- Prior knowledge on creating print ready materials for marketing and ticketing purpose.
- Must be technically knowledgeable and savvy in a digital and Apple environment
- Knowledge of photo editing using Lightroom or Photoshop/Camera RAW
- Knowledge of motion design techniques using After Effects.
SKILLS FOR SUCCESS:
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment
- Works well under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be a team player, reliable, and dependable with a can-do attitude
- Must maintain complete confidentiality of privileged, and/or sensitive information
- Must, at all times, display the character and values of the Tepper Sports & Entertainment brand
- The ability to prioritize workload to manage time and tasks
- Be willing to accept or be open to feedback and critique related to design projects
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to work Charlotte FC matches
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to remain standing/walking for up to 8 hours
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors, and endure weather conditions, including rain, wind, high and low temperatures, etc.
- Must be able to work in non-traditional settings, and work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.