*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position: Community Relations Intern
Department: Community Relations
Status: Intern (Non-Exempt)
Work Schedule: 40+ hours/week (which may include nights, weekends, and holidays)
Anticipated Start Date: May/June
Duration: Up to 12 months
The Carolina Panthers are proud to serve communities across our two-state region. The team’s community relations department coordinates over 75 programs and services benefitting youth and families in North and South Carolina with a focus on education, human services, youth fitness, youth football and military outreach.
The team serves over 300,000 youth participants annually through its community outreach programming. Over 2,700 non-profit agencies, schools and other organizations are assisted each year by the team through appearances, grant funding, donations or programming.
The Carolina Panthers Community Relations Department is currently seeking 2 highly motivated interns to assist the department with day-to-day operations. Candidates must be highly motivated, qualified individuals with a desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist Community Relations Department team members in coordinating and implementing a variety of programs including (but not limited to):
- Play 60 Camps (involves travel & overnight stay)
- Make-A-Wish fulfillments
- Annual team merchandise signings
- High school football programs including Community Captain, High School Coach of the Week
- Play 60 Kids Combine (game day)
- NFL Programming (A Crucial Catch, Salute to Service, and PLAY 60)
- Other large-scale departmental/ organizational events and fundraisers (including annual Keep Pounding 5K, 7 on 7 Passing Tournament, PLAY 60 Pep Rallies, Levine Children’s Hospital Visits, Hometown Huddle, and holiday programming).
- Player appearances
- Assist with general administrative tasks including:
- Merchandise Donation Fulfillment
- Manage Fan Mail & Departmental Phone Calls
- Write articles for team publications
- Assist Receptionist as needed (covering front desk breaks and answering phone calls)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or Graduate Degree
- Strong desire and experience working with youth, non-profits and the general community
- Ability to handle physical requirement of job including setting up equipment for events and other light to medium lifting
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented and organized
- Must have a polite, positive attitude and the ability to work well with others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to interact with players, staff, and community in a professional manner
- Proven experience to appropriately work with and around confidential information is necessary
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite proficient)
- The ability to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends and holidays (schedule dependent)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass pre-employment screens
- Previous sports industry experience
- Previous event experience
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Sitting and working at desk on a computer
- Walking throughout the stadium which may include stairs
- Lift at least 30 pounds
This job operates mostly in an office environment and outside in a stadium facility at times which may include inclement weather conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.