In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
At Spurs Sports & Entertainment (SS&E), we work in service of something bigger than ourselves, it’s so much more than the game or concert itself. It takes all members of our Spurs Family to harness the power of sports and entertainment to build moments that endure, memories that excite, and connections that strengthen our community.
We are looking for Austin Spurs IT (Game Days Only) to join our family!
The IT Game Day Technican role is responsible for providing onsite support for the G-League Austin Spurs home games. This person will be responsible for all IT equipment and ensuring a successful Austin Spurs event through the setup, breakdown and testing of statistical equipment for Austin Spurs home games. The candidate must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment as well as establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
- This role is located in Austin, TX and part-time (up to 29 hours/week).
- This role is for game days only. Attendance to the games are mandatory
- Call/Check-in time is 2hrs. prior to game time.
- Rate of pay - $18.75/hour.
Does this sound like a fit? If so, we want to hear from you!
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s core values and mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Assist with the setup, breakdown and testing of statistical equipment for Austin Spurs home games.
- Communicate all IT-related issues and setup to NBA or G League office.
- Maintain and provide IT support throughout games.
- Maintain an inventory of all IT equipment.
- Accurately document game day setup.
- Gain base understanding of IT troubleshooting on desktops, laptops, monitors and printers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Ethic: Willing to do “whatever it takes” to get the job done; dependable and meets commitments; shows initiative and willingness to learn; and is available to work on a consistent and timely basis with infrequent, unplanned absences.
Good Interpersonal Skills: The ability to communicate and service the employees working needs in a positive and friendly manner.
Detail Oriented: Double checks accuracy of information and work product; carefully monitors details and quality of own and other’s work; provides accurate information on a timely basis and in a usable format for others; and exhibits internal and external awareness of decision making impacts.
- Associates degree in the field of computer science and/or 1 years equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge in Windows 10 and Office 365.
- General knowledge of LANs, WANs and wireless networks
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Ability to operate tools, components, peripheral accessories and research into desktop issues.
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers, monitors and peripherals.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service attitude.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Adhere to company guidelines related to attendance, computer usage, etc.