In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
We a seeeking an experienced coach and leader within the field of elite/professional high-performance sports to join our coaching staff.
Founded in 2016 as part of the Spurs Sports & Entertainment organization, San Antonio FC is a professional USL franchise soccer team located in San Antonio, TX.
The SAFC Player Performance Manager & Assistant Coach is responsible for the coordination, development, and communication of all performance and wellness systems, resources, and strategies. This person is responsible for merging the fields of player performance, sports science, and sports medicine.
In every position, each employee is expected to: demonstrate alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, collaborate with internal/external family members and demonstrate ongoing development.
- Leadership of the SAFC Performance and Wellness Department (including Team Physicians, Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, and external consultants). Ensuring all disciplines work together in a cohesive way to achieve optimal performance of the team.
- Overseeing all aspects of athletic performance throughout the club – including athletic development, injury prevention, injury management (RTP), and scheduling.
- Being the primary point of contact for the Head Coach and Managing Director on all aspects of the SAFC Performance and Wellness Department.
- Driving an integrated, forward thinking, and evidence-based, high performance unit that continues to evolve to stay on the cutting edge of performance enhancement.
- PT, ATC, or CSCS certification.
- CPR/AED certified and current.
- Masters and/or PhD in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Sports Science, Biomechanics, or Psychology.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in elite/professional high-performance sport (ideally soccer or a team sport) as leader, project manager or director within a multi-disciplinary performance department.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in sport performance related fields.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to professionally handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Collaborative and team-first mindset.
- Must be able to travel extensively and be available for a high volume of non traditional work hours.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk for long periods of time and to lift, push, and pull 50 lbs on a regular basis.