NOTE: Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions is looking for candidates to fill a paid internship in our R&D Department. The intern will work out of our office near Allentown, PA and will assist our R&D team, supporting football and baseball research for publications and future products. Past R&D interns have continued on to become full-time members of the SIS staff or have moved on to internships and full-time jobs with professional sports teams.
- Perform modeling and research using SIS’s internal football and baseball databases as well as other notable data sets, e.g. Statcast.
- Provide support for articles and research pieces to be featured in publications such as The Bill James Handbook, The Athletic, and Stat of the Week, among other prominent sports outlets.
- Assist in developing reports that make SIS’s data offerings more accessible to clients.
- Help respond to requests for information made by clients and/or members of the media.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires a variety of skills including (but not limited to) an analytical mind, computer expertise, writing ability, and a passion for football and/or baseball. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Familiarity with contemporary baseball/football/sports analytics and research.
- Analytical/Mathematical ability.
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office programs (or equivalents), especially Excel.
- Experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or similar databases.
- An ability to write and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- An ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience with other statistical packages (e.g. R), programming languages (e.g. Python, .NET), and/or graphical visualizations (e.g. Tableau) would be a plus.
- This job's scheduled start date is January 8, 2020.
- This position has an hourly pay rate of $10.50 per hour and/or college course credit will be offered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.