*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for candidates to fill a full-time position in our R&D Department. The R&D Associate will work out of our office near Allentown, PA and will contribute as a member of our R&D team, supporting research for publications and future products.
- Perform modeling and research using SIS’s internal baseball and football databases as well as other notable data sets (Statcast, etc).
- Write articles and research pieces to be featured in publications such as The Fielding Bible, The Bill James Handbook, The SIS Football Rookie Handbook, Sharp Football Analysis, and Stat of the Week, among other prominent sports outlets.
- Design and develop dashboards and various analytical tools to directly support front office and field personnel.
- Prepare cutting-edge research for presentation in a professional setting, including sales presentations and conferences.
- Collaborate with colleagues to help illuminate the value of SIS’s analytical products to prospective clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
The position requires a variety of skills including (but not limited to) an analytical mind, computer expertise, writing ability, and a passion for baseball and football. Ideal candidates will possess:
- Familiarity with contemporary baseball/football/sports analytics, including first-hand research experience.
- Analytical/Mathematical ability.
- Substantive experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or similar databases.
- Familiarity with R, Python, or another scripting language.
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office programs (or equivalents), especially Excel.
- An ability to write and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- An ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Experience implementing Machine Learning algorithms is a plus.
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.