Title: Product Owner, Sports and Gaming
SIS are proud to be leaders in collecting, analyzing and distributing the deepest data sets and insights to professional sports teams, sportsbooks, sports media and sports fans.
We are investing heavily in Product, Technology and Data expertise as we look to drive accelerated growth of our dynamic, proprietary technology platform, products and services.
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for a new team member to fill a full-time position in our Product and Technology department as Product Owner for Sports and Gaming.
The candidate will be a key team member, acting as a liaison between the product, engineering and sports business groups. You will be working in a dynamic, fast paced environment with incredibly talented engineers, designers, and sports subject matter experts. The role will support major complex projects, gathering requirements and providing input in order to produce the best possible solutions. The role will be customer focused and a team player; being the “glue” that connects various teams and stakeholders and leads to the successful delivery of the next wave of revolutionary sports products SIS delivers.
What you’ll do as Product Owner on the team at SIS:
- Requirements gathering and definition in discussion with the wider Product team, the executive group and our partners
- Develop new products and features while being tactical in maintaining existing applications and reports for use internally and by SIS clients, including MLB, NBA and NFL coaches and front office staff.
- Providing the initial point of contact for development teams and for organizational stakeholders
- Act as Product Owner in Scrum Teams, playing a key role in the self-organisation of our product delivery tactics and strategies
- Establish and maintain domain expertise on our product suite, bringing fresh ideas to the table when working to solve business problems, alongside a group of motivated, talented teammates.
- Embrace and integrate into the Software Development Lifecycle from Ideation to Delivery and Iteration / Quality Control
- Play a key role within the Product Organization at SIS, sharing industry best practice and fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and cross-skilling
What you’ll bring to the table:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A self-starter able to work both autonomously with minimal supervision and collaboratively within an agile team
- Experience conducting stakeholder interviews and facilitating stakeholder workshops
- Ability to define and refine product specifications, refine user stories, acceptance criteria and the ‘definition of done’
- Ability to constructively challenge and questions, while being an active listener and team member
- Experience and desire to work within a fast paced environment, able to adapt and experience change as a leader within our growing product organization. You are able to provide clarity to team members when priorities change.
- Knowledge and passion for sports, sports analytics and sports betting is desirable, but not required.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people, who focus on being a part of a collaborative, team-centric environment. We work quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of the most unique challenges within sports technology. If that sounds good to you, join us!.
SIS is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.