Title: Football Research Associate
Reports to: Matt Manocherian
About Sports Info Solutions
Pioneers in the Sports Data Industry
SIS was founded on the belief that decision making in sports could be improved and that we could help teams win more games through the use of better data, analytics, and technology.
That belief has been validated repeatedly since our founding in 2002 as we continue to revolutionize the way the game is played, both on and off the field.
Our mission is to enrich and optimize the decision-making process for sports teams, sportsbooks, and sports fans.
We are proud to be a leader in collecting, analyzing and distributing the deepest data sets and insights to professional sports teams across the MLB, NBA and NFL.
We are now doubling down on what’s made us successful by further advancing our data, technology, insights and partners as we drive forward the next innovations in Sports Data and Analytics.
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for a new team member to fill a full-time position in our Football/R&D department as Football Research Associate.
The Football Research Associate will work remotely and contribute by supporting various research initiatives.
What you’ll do as a Football Research Associate on the team at SIS:
Includes (but is not limited to):
- Perform modeling and research using SIS’s internal football database as well as other notable data sets (NextGen, etc).
- Write articles and research pieces to be featured in SIS Research and Analysis, Sharp Football Analysis, and Stat of the Week, among other sports outlets.
- Design and develop dashboards and various analytical tools to directly support front office and field personnel.
- Prepare cutting-edge research for presentation in a professional setting, including sales presentations and conferences.
- Collaborate with colleagues to help illuminate the value of SIS’s analytical products to prospective clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why work with SIS?
We believe in making sports better through data, analysis and insights. For that reason, we have an incredible team of technologists, scouts, analysts, and operators helping our partners win more games.
It is our ultimate vision to create an unparalleled platform of sporting data and insights, through best-in-class technology, products and partnerships.
We believe in a flexible, energetic, enjoyable working environment where we band together as teammates to do great things. We are committed to creating a diverse environment, working in a collaborative, team-centric environment.
If you possess the following, you are well on your way to making an impact at SIS:
- Familiarity with contemporary football/sports analytics, including first-hand research experience.
- Analytical/Mathematical ability.
- Substantive experience with MySQL, SQL Server, or similar databases.
- Familiarity with R, Python, or another scripting language.
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office programs (or equivalents), especially Excel.
- An ability to write and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- An ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
Nice to have, but not required qualifications
- Experience implementing Machine Learning algorithms.
SIS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, veteran status, military status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, SIS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, including intensive computer usage.
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Sports Info Solutions uses E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.