Business Development Intern
Would you be interested in working closely with a small team to bring sabermetrics to a larger audience? Sports Info Solutions is seeking a Business Development Intern to work out of our Lehigh Valley, PA office. This is a great opportunity in a casual office environment with the leading provider of in-depth sports analytics.
The candidate will develop new sales opportunities as well as help maintain existing client relationships. Strong candidates will possess a self-motivated attitude, great communication skills, and be able to work in a collaborative team environment or independently as needed.
- Build new business relationships independently or as part of a business development team
- Maintain and expand existing client relationships
- Assist with marketing efforts and represent the company in professional settings
- Communicate with clients and prospects in-person, over the phone, and via email
- Educate current and future clients on cutting-edge data and analytics from SIS
- Collaborate with SIS Operations, R&D, and IT colleagues to build new products and fulfill customer needs
- Travel to meet with clients as needed
- A firm grasp on the baseball, football, fantasy sports, and sports media industries, including the latest sabermetric research
- Open-minded approach and ability to think creatively to anticipate client and industry demands
- Outgoing personality and flexible sales style to engage with a wide variety of prospective clients
- Professional demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills as well as diligence and high attention to detail
- Initiative to voluntarily commit long hours, night, and weekends as when needed
- Proficient in Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.