SUMMARY: Responsible for general accounting activities by performing the following duties (as detailed below) personally or through the management of support staff. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare timely and accurate financial records of the company in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage the general ledger function ensuring the integrity of the subsidiary ledgers and journal entries.
- Preparation and/or review of account reconciliations.
- Oversee the transactional accounting processes including AP/AR/GL/Payroll.
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Maintain and monitor a framework of internal accounting controls within the financial system.
- Serve as the technical reference for all financial accounting issues.
- Manage the monthly and annual closing processes, including compliance with Texas State Sales Tax reporting.
- Serve as primary interface with external auditors.
- Preparation of audit schedules.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills; respond promptly to customer and internal requests for service and assistance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Finance.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Directly supervises employees in the Finance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance.
Education and/or Experience Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and a minimum three (3) years of related experience or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disabiity status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.