POSITION: Event Coordinator – F/T -Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Marketing
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Coordinator at Soldier Field. The Event Coordinator provides professional client services support in the planning, organization and management of events at Soldier Field, and monitoring the logistics of these events and all event coordination tasks after events are booked through the conclusion, by performing personally the following duties:
Includes the following - other duties may be assigned:
- Supervises staff and oversees all aspects of facility operations related to events.
- Solicits new business through telemarketing, social media, and database and advertising campaigns.
- Meets or exceeds monthly sales revenue goals
- Coordinates activities with the various Soldier Field service contractors for assigned events.
- Guides clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies and procedures.
- Keeps clients informed as to the status of deadline schedules, including but not limited to floor plan submissions, hospitality area set-up specifications, insurance requirements and other relevant details.
- Prepares cost estimates and monitors final billing.
- Provides clear, concise and timely communication of detailed requirements to operational departments. Assists in scheduling operational set-ups to provide equipment or service needs.
- Monitors and supervises facility set-up when necessary.
- Assists in training event services staff.
- Serves as primary liaison between clients and facility departments.
- Monitors in-house events, maintaining close contact with the clients and facility staff to ensure successful events. Follows-up on all client requests, concerns and problems.
- Attends appropriate planning, organization and other event and facility meetings in support of the facility operation.
- Serves as manager on duty for designated/assigned events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university
- Three to five years related experience and/or training
- Working knowledge of the principles of facility management, services and equipment
Position requires ability to:
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple clients and events
- Demonstrate good problem-solving and communication skills
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including upper management
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include, daytime, evenings, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the event. The individual must have the physical ability to maneuver around the facility, at times, walking and/or standing up to 8-10 hours daily.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.