POSITION: Housekeeping - Janitor
REPORTS TO: Housekeeping Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Housekeeping - Janitorfor SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Conducts all cleaning duties including sweeping and vacuuming of carpets, sweeping, mopping and waxing floors, trash pick up and removal, cleaning of toilets and urinals, cleaning and shining mirrors, cleaning walls and trash cans, cleaning arena seats, dusting furniture, etc.
· Control of housekeeping equipment including but not limited to brooms, mops, buckets and wringer, toilet brushes, garbage bags, push brooms, cleaning cloths, gloves, mask and cleaning solutions, etc.
· All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Excellent customer service skills
· Physical capability to lift, push up to 50 lbs., stoop, bend, climb stairs and work at heights up to 21 stories, operate cleaning equipment as required. The position is often exposed to adverse conditions such as fumes, dust, noise, wet floors, etc.
· Able to stand for long periods of time, up to 10 hours
· Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
Education and/or Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent
· 1-2 years janitorial/custodial experience required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 504-587-3995.