GROUP VICE PRESIDENT
Playfly Sports is looking for a Group Vice President to join our team remotely.
The Group Vice President (GVP) will be responsible for the overall success of multiple Playfly sports properties across the country. The person in this role will drive division and company priorities in their management of General Managers and property personnel including, but not limited to, revenue generation, KPIs, corporate culture, professional development, growth platforms, and best practices. The GVP will have a strong commitment to the professional development, advancement, and mobility of General Managers and property personnel to create an internal talent pool of well-prepared candidates for roles across the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Recruit, train and lead General Managers (GMs) and their staffs to insure the fulfillment of all client multi-media rights obligations and the achievement of property revenue and EBITDA financial objectives
- Partner with President and GM to build meaningful relationships with clients; to include the Athletic Director, President and their staffs at all levels
- Work with finance leadership to develop detailed property sales plans that maximize revenue opportunities across traditional sponsorship and content assets, as well as next generation digital, social, mobile, data and e-sports platforms
- Prospect, pitch and close (with support from GMs) strategic sponsorship accounts at current and new properties within region
- Work with GMs, clients and media partners to maximize value and revenue from all content platforms
- Maintain strict control of and maximize the value from all approved property capital and operating expenses
- Maintain full P&L accountability and responsibility of all properties, to include management and execution of all company revenue and expense reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with C-Level executives at major brands and agencies within the region and ideate effective strategies, appropriate of senior executives, to guide the growth and evolution of Playfly and its multiple business units.
- Work with company senior leadership and market development teams to identify, target and help close new properties and business opportunities within the region as directed
- Model and develop/lead deployment of company vision and culture within region
- Other job-duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors' Degree required with advanced degree preferred
- Experience – 10+ years' experience required in multimedia rights management or similar experience. Managerial experience required with preference given to those with experience managing multiple teams
- Proven ability in managing, meeting & exceeding budget & revenue goals
- Ability to lead and inspire others
- Familiarity with KORE or similar CRM system
- Strong experience with and ability to effectively utilize fan insights and business intelligence
- Ability to generate and present ideas and concepts succinctly and provide creative solutions to prospects/clients
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated professional sales presentation skills
TRAVEL, LIFTING, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be available to travel for school visits and presentations
- Must be able to work select nights and weekends around sporting events
WHAT WE DO
Playfly Sports is the full-service, leading sports marketing and media company that enables brands to engage with sports fans on a local, regional, and national level through scaled linear, digital, and experiential assets. Playfly Sports drives outcome-based solutions into 90-million households via more than 7,800 live U.S. broadcasts of MLB, NBA, and NHL games; and influences sports fans of all ages through the management of college and high school multimedia rights, uniform branding, and high-profile sports sponsorship platforms. The company introduces high school and college students to career development opportunities in esports through Playfly Esports, operators of North America’s largest college esports league. Playfly Sports has the unique ability to partner, innovate, and advance the aspirations of athletes, brands, academic institutions, and sports fans across the U.S. Playfly Sports is Powered by Partnership. Visit Playfly Sports online at playfly.com
WHAT WE STAND FOR
At Playfly, we know that a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is a more innovative and successful one, but more importantly, we believe it’s just the right thing to do. Through conversations, company initiatives, community events and partnerships, policy changes, data analysis, workshops, and support groups, we are dedicated to creating a workplace where everyone can thrive. We are here for the long haul and to do the meaningful work that creates true institutional change within our workplace, with our partners, and in the communities we serve.
EEOC & DIVERSITY STATEMENT
Playfly Sports affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. Playfly Sports is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Playfly Sports is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals, and as part of this commitment, Playfly Sports will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]