Playfly Sports is the full-service, leading sports marketing and media company that enables brands to engage with sports fans on a local, regional, and national level through scaled linear, digital, and experiential assets. Playfly Sports drives outcome-based solutions into 90-million households via more than 7,800 live U.S. broadcasts of MLB, NBA, and NHL games; and influences sports fans of all ages through the management of college and high school multimedia rights, uniform branding, and high-profile sports sponsorship platforms. The company introduces high school and college students to career development opportunities in esports through CSL Esports, operators of North America’s largest college esports league. Playfly Sports has the unique ability to partner, innovate, and advance the aspirations of athletes, brands, academic institutions, and sports fans across the U.S. Playfly Sports is Powered by Partnership. Visit Playfly Sports online at playfly.com and follow Playfly Sports on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook: @PlayflySports.
Why You Should Join Playfly:
Playfly is a brand-new player in the sports and esports space and we are looking to expand our team! At Playfly you will work with a highly engaged and collaborative team. Join a company with a leadership team that values ideas, innovation and different perspectives. At Playfly, we recognize we are only as good as the people we have working here! We provide excellent benefits including a generous time off package, health and dental insurance, paid parental leave and a 401k plan just to name a few. We also provide you with an environment where you can demonstrate your strengths and gain knowledge to propel your career and continue growing.
Vaccination Policy: Playfly Sports requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Playfly will make accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
The VP of Business Development will be a key part of Playfly Sports growth across high school, collegiate, Olympic and professional sports. The successful candidate will apply proven sales and organizational skills to lead the Playfly Sports business development functions, including outbound communication, lead generation, pipeline management, opportunity development, and proposal processes. The VP of Business Development will be Regionally focused on securing new business relationships across the high school, collegiate, Olympic and professional sports landscapes. This position will represent all of the capabilities and business lines across Playfly Sports including multi-media rights, naming rights, esports, digital platforms, ticketing, data services, creative services and other future lines of business. The ideal candidate is organized, outgoing, proactive, innovative and passionate about what our firm has to offer. The VP of Business Development will report to Playfly’s SVP of Business Development.
This self-starter will have the ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks concurrently and to maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational and time management skills, be a self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. This position could be based at any of Playfly’s office locations including Philadelphia, NYC, Chicago, LA, Detroit, Dallas, and Atlanta.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, qualify, capture, and close deals through proactive relationship-building with potential customers across professional, Olympic, collegiate and high school athletics.
- Establish and maintain a pipeline of target opportunities regionally that have been qualified through initial conversations
- Conduct ongoing and routine outreach to potential partners and represent Playfly at meetings, conferences, tradeshows, and other externally focused events
- Contribute to business development activities from lead generation through proposal submission
- Collaborate across all Playfly companies and business interests to steward business development opportunities.
- Actively participate in the sales process, leverage sales resources to assist in solution development, proposal delivery, RFP response and implementation
Qualifications, Skills and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sports, sales, or related field
- 10+ years of relevant sales and management experience in the sports, college sports, and multimedia rights industry
- Significant and deep relationships across college athletics and professional sports preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as work well with a team utilizing a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to present concepts in new ways and from new perspectives
- Ability to promote change by communicating to and involving others
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to drive goals and results while maintaining quality and attention to critical details
- A thorough understanding of the competitors in the market; ability to develop and implement effective strategies to win new business
- Attention to detail
Language / Communication
Strong phone, video and email communication skills.
Microsoft Office required. Adobe Creative Cloud suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), KORE experience a plus.
Other Skills & Abilities Required
Exceptional attention to detail a must. Ability to make high quantity of outbound sales calls. Entrepreneurial background a plus. Some travel required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.