OneTeam Partners is seeking a Director of Games Marketing to lead brand and product marketing strategy/activity across licensed titles within the OneTeam games portfolio by partnering with licensees to achieve outstanding campaigns. The Director of Games Marketing will own a portfolio of products within the games business, helping each licensee create/execute marketing plans that build brand awareness, engage consumers, and drive conversions through data-driven insights and creative innovation. The Director of Games Marketing plays an important role with responsibility/oversight for a line of business and is a strategic/creative marketer and an outstanding collaborator. This role reports to the VP, Product Development (Games).
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage marketing on a portfolio of titles within OneTeam’s games business, and ensure the successful launch and live operations of these titles in partnership with licensees
- Oversee marketing asset reviews and drive marketing plans alongside licensees
- Manage licensee marketing commitments utilizing OneTeam cross-functional capabilities in athlete-focused activations
- Provide category expertise with licensees, evaluating partner needs on an ongoing basis and proactively communicating OneTeam’s marketing value proposition
- Work cross functionally with internal groups such as digital marketing, content, sales, sponsorship, esports, etc. to provide creative marketing solutions for our partners
- Cultivate relationships with partners to facilitate communication, leading regular calls and meetings with games licensees
- Use data and consumer insights to identify market opportunities, shape product positioning, and inform decision making
- Work with internal creative team to conceive, pitch, and manage complex marketing activations involving professional athlete talent, live productions, and various forms of content creation
- Create materials for both internal and external presentations, communicating ideas using both qualitative and quantitative data and analysis
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends, competitive market and business opportunities
- Instill a culture of open, positive, and productive collaboration and communication with external partners and across all OneTeam employees and staff
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- 7+ years’ experience working in the video game industry in a marketing, product, or UA capacity
- Proven track record of executing marketing campaigns in the video games industry
- A genuine passion for video games and sports, and sports video games!
- Presentation skills are required, both creating presentations and delivering to various audiences, executives, peers, partners, stakeholders, etc.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability to manage complex relationships and partnerships
- Experience working in a games publishing, licensing, or development environment
- Must be a proactive self-starter capable of self-management and comfortable managing multiple projects
- Must be organized, detail oriented and scrappy
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.