Formed in November 2019, OneTeam Partners is a joint venture between the NFL Players Association (NFLPA), MLB Players Association (MLBPA) and RedBird Capital Partners. OneTeam helps athletes maximize the value of their name, image, and likeness rights by transforming the way in which they interact with businesses across four verticals: group licensing, athlete marketing, content creation and venture investing. OneTeam represents a range of commercial business interests on behalf of the NFLPA, MLBPA, MLSPA, U.S. Women's National Team Players Association, Women's National Basketball Players Association, U.S. Rugby Players Association, The North American League of Legends Championship Series PA.
OneTeam Partners is seeking a Director of Business Development to help grow its games licensing business across all of the PA’s OneTeam represents, and on all platforms where people play games: PC, Console, Mobile, VR, Web3, etc. The qualified candidate will have passion for sports and video games with a background in video game licensing, publishing, platform relations or BD. This position reports to the SVP, Games, and will be responsible for formulating a portfolio strategy and executing on it by identifying and closing new licensing opportunities in the games and web3 space.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate, and close video game deals and partnerships for OneTeam and our partner Players Associations.
- Establish relationships with best-in-class video game developers and publishers, communicating OneTeam’s unique product offering to the market.
- Identify areas of innovation and growth for OneTeam and its partners, communicate industry insights and trends back to the organization.
- Attend industry events and trade conferences representing OneTeam and its partners.
- Build and analyze business models to evaluate new deals staying abreast of industry benchmarks and best practices.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to align our approach to the video game space.
- Work with legal to execute licensing agreements and other deals.
- Attract, hire, and provide leadership to all direct reports and team members.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6-8 years’ experience working in the video game industry in a business development, production or publishing capacity.
- Proven track record of executing deals in the video games industry – development, publishing, licensing, etc.
- A robust network of contacts and a genuine passion for video games and sports, and sports video games!
- Presentation skills are required, both creating presentations and delivering to various audiences, executives, peers, partners, stakeholders, etc.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability to comprehend and structure complex deals and partnerships.
- Experience working in both a publishing and development environment a bonus
- Must be a proactive self-starter capable of self-management and comfortable managing multiple projects
- Must be organized, detail oriented and scrappy
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.