Formed in November 2019, OneTeam Partners is a joint venture between the NFL Players Association (NFLPA), MLB Players Association (MLBPA) and RedBird Capital Partners. OneTeam helps athletes maximize the value of their name, image, and likeness rights by transforming the way in which athletes interact with businesses across four verticals: group licensing, athlete marketing, content creation and venture investing. OneTeam represents a range of commercial business interests on behalf of the NFLPA, MLBPA, MLSPA, U.S. Women's National Team Players Association, Women's National Basketball Players Association, and U.S. Rugby Players Association. Learn more at joinoneteam.com.
Reporting to the Vice President of Creative Strategy and Marketing, the Creative Director will be responsible for leading the concepting and development of big, brave, bold creative campaigns, content and platforms as well as helping to direct how those ideas come to life for OneTeam brand clients and Player’s Association partners. The Creative Director will be skilled at translating key objectives into creative concepts that are rooted in insights, original, audacious, impactful and meaningful across a variety of brand categories and mediums including traditional, digital and experiential. This role will also lead the development and execution of internal company creative content to establish and amplify the OneTeam brand identity and positioning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Creative Director will be an imaginative thinker and effective collaborator who is poised to effectively manage the creative process from end-to-end including briefing, conceptualization, pitching and execution of the creative vison. As a storyteller at heart, the Creative Director will be a new business driven, entrepreneurial spirit who draws out the best ideas and is able to effectively pitch those ideas in a compelling way. Key responsibilities include:
- Generate big creative ideas that drive revenue and align with company and client/partner/licensee business objectives
- Help direct and execute the expression of creative content, campaign and platform ideas across all relevant mediums
- Present and clearly articulate vision and insight behind ideas to internal stakeholders as well as executive level clients/partners/licensees in a compelling way
- Be a vocal participant in the development of the creative brief and partner with the Director of Creative Strategy to ensure the work delivers on the brief
- Partner with sponsorship and media/content teams to ensure creative ideas deliver on business objectives and are as powerful in reality as they were when pitched. Collaborate on shaping and scaling ideas based on target budgets and timelines
- Take ownership of the ideation process and creative product, continually critiquing the quality of all creative output on assigned projects
- Guide, motivate and mentor internal and/or freelance Art Directors, Graphic Designers and/or Copywriters to deliver on-brand, on-strategy creative solutions. Assign and manage workload as well as recruit talent as needed
- Contribute to building award-winning case studies
- Maintain an ongoing cultural and industry curiosity that is current with trends and innovation as well as fosters continuous improvement. Ensure that a high standard of creativity is upheld with an impeccable attention to detail
- Serve as a proactive and creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and innovation to the Creative Strategy and Marketing team and overall organization
- 8+ years of overall creative experience, including art direction and/or copywriting, preferably at a leading brand or ideas-driven agency
- A strong creative pedigree with a track record of delivering award-winning creative work that connects the dots between business objectives, brands and consumers
- Dynamic presentation skills and a track record of successfully pitching, selling and executing brave creative ideas and winning new business
- Deep understanding of and passion for the sports business and marketing landscape, fan engagement and trends
- Ability to digest creative/project briefs and understand production specifications, formats and requirements for asset delivery
- Ability to clearly articulate a vision, in both verbal and visual means as well as demonstrate comfort and willingness to work in a collaborative setting
- Experience leading, coaching and inspiring internal and/or freelance Art Directors, Copywriters and Graphic Designers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balance multiple projects and deliver high-quality creative under the pressure of deadlines and with quick turnaround times
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office Suite with solid understanding of design, production, copywriting and digital media practices
Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, visual arts, communications or related field preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.