Title: Chief Financial Officer
Reports to: CEO
Location: Los Angeles, CA
About OneTeam Partners:
OneTeam helps athletes maximize the value of their name, image, and likeness rights by transforming the way in which athletes interact with businesses across group licensing, marketing, media and other ventures. OneTeam represents a range of commercial business interests on behalf of the NFLPA, MLBPA, MLSPA, U.S. Women's National Team Players Association, WNBPA, U.S. Rugby Players Association, NWSLPA, and League of Legends Championship Series Players Association. Learn more at joinoneteam.com
The Chief Financial Officer will be an integral operational business partner – responsible for overseeing the financial operations of the business, making decisions based on the company’s financial stability and delivering insights to internal and external stakeholders. The CFO will also work in concert with senior management to further develop and implement strategies that effectuate growth and new business opportunities.
The successful candidate will provide strong financial acumen and thoughtful leadership to the organization, managing the Finance and Accounting team, while strategizing with senior leadership on shaping the budget and financial systems to support ongoing growth of OneTeam. The finalist candidate will also link financial performance with broader business objectives to support the development of new strategies and business models.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide hands-on, metrics driven financial leadership to help accelerate growth and profitability and provide all stakeholders with operational insights to better manage the business.
- Oversee forecasting, budgeting, reporting and project analysis including gathering of necessary data, development of supporting models, collaborating with business partners to develop assumptions, and driving targets and efficiencies in the business.
- Prepare and present Board Books to all stakeholders providing transparent and accurate financial data that is both actionable and accurate.
- Prepare quarterly financial reporting for all OneTeam stakeholders along with monthly financial update for Finance Committee.
- Continuously evaluate performance against short and long-term strategic financial objectives that ensues actionable growth strategies.
- Implement and maintain the systems and processes necessary for reporting upon key business metrics and ad hoc analysis in a scalable and efficient manner.
- Strengthen analytics to ensure a full understanding of the trends in the marketplace as well as OneTeam’s core businesses.
- Protect assets by establishing and enforcing internal control systems while partnering with external auditors.
- Recommend short- and long-term capital structures and funding mechanisms across the entire portfolio, including evaluating and executing potential debt and equity refinancing transactions.
- Through financial rigor, develop new market initiatives by:
- Recommending business objectives and defining key initiatives and resources required to achieve goals.
- Assessing financial feasibility
- Supporting the implementation of key strategic initiatives as appropriate
- Recommend capital structure by preparing assumptions and analyses.
- Ensure financial risks are mitigated to the utmost extent possible.
- Assist with the integration of acquisitions / investments into OneTeam and implement synergy realization.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Outstanding track record and reputation for his/her financial acumen, business judgment, quantitative analysis ability, leadership skills and integrity.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial regulations, accounting principles, and industry best practices gained through experience in Big 4 accounting firms or investment banking institutions.
- Proven expertise in designing, implementing, and managing financial systems which integrate operations and finance across multiple businesses.
- Data driven and analytical, with experience synthesizing data to be quickly understood and to inform decision making.
- Previous successful experience defining strategy and advising senior managers on the value and fit of business opportunities to drive top-line growth and profitability.
- Demonstrated operational finance expertise with a proven track record of success partnering financial sponsors in growth businesses that led to clear value creation.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a three+ year horizon; demonstrated capability to drive accurate financial forecasting, consolidation, and reporting.
- Proven FP&A experience with the ability to create management dashboards and metrics coupled with on time reports and budgeting.
- The finalist will have structured, negotiated, and closed multiple, profitable business deals in analogous sectors.
- Demonstrated problem solving and creative skills as well as the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class or characteristic.