About OneTeam Partners:
Formed in November 2019, OneTeam Partners is a joint venture between the NFL Players Association (NFLPA), MLB Players Association (MLBPA), HPS Investment Partners, Atlantic Park and Morgan Stanley Tactical Value.
OneTeam helps athletes maximize the value of their name, image, and likeness rights by transforming the way in which athletes interact with businesses across Group Licensing, Integrated Athlete Marketing, and Venture investing. OneTeam represents a range of commercial business interests on behalf of the NFLPA, MLBPA, MLSPA, U.S. Women's National Team Players Association, Women's National Basketball Players Association, U.S. Rugby Players Association, National Women’s Soccer League, and League of Legends Championship Series Players Association.
About the role:
OneTeam Partners is seeking an Associate Manager, Games Partnerships for its games licensing business. This position reports to the VP, Product Development (Games) and will be responsible for supporting our licensed games slate across all interactive and digital platforms. This person will have experience developing games and must be creatively driven as well as commercially savvy.
This position will play a key role supporting our licensees as well our PA partners: NFLPA, MLBPA, MLSPA, USWNTPA, WNBPA, USRPA, NWSLPA, and LCSPA, supporting the development and production of games developed by our licensees.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Support our Games team leads through a variety of responsibilities.
- Help oversee production schedule, creative and product development for OneTeam’s slate of licensed video games both in development and in live operation.
- Provide support for our developer partners, drive communication, reporting, and regular meetings to ensure all feedback is clearly communicated, and that our Players Association partners have access to product status.
- Form an expertise on sports game genres, gaming platforms, and monetization schemes to provide best-in-class feedback for our partners.
- Provide area expertise to our developer partners in disciplines including production, monetization, live operations, and community management across multiple game genres.
- Identify areas of innovation and growth for OneTeam Games and its partners, communicate industry insights and trends back to the organization.
- Provide regular feedback and approvals on submissions and builds to our games licensing partners.
- Partner with OneTeam’s Integrated Marketing to maximize marketing commitments and drive positive KPIs for our development partners.
- Possess great design ideas to help maximize user engagement and monetization.
- Objectively evaluate games from a commercial and critical focus. Ensure all teams operate and are informed by both quantitative and qualitative analytics.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-5 years experience working in the video game industry in a licensing, production or development role at a video game studio, publisher, licensor, or platform.
- A practical understanding of all phases of development: concept, pre-production, production, and live service with a creative eye able to communicate game ideas and improvements to our partners. Strong project management skills are a must.
- Proficient in crafting visually compelling and impactful presentations through advanced deck building techniques, ensuring seamless integration of content, graphics, and storytelling elements.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and poised. Able to resolve issues on the fly and communicate effectively with senior-level stakeholders.
- Self-starter and independently motivated to take initiative, collaborate, gain consensus to problem solve.
- Has a learning mindset and is excited to stay on top of the latest trends in sports, gaming, and technology.
- Expert communication and presentation skills.
- Strong technology understanding with an eye on current trends, innovations and cutting-edge gaming and development.
- Experience with Asana project management is a plus.
- Must be passionate about video games, athletes, and sports.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.