Manager of Facilities Development with Oak View Group in Chester · PA
Oak View Group jobs
Sports Jobs in Chester · PA
Administration/General Management: Administrative/Executive Assistant
Job Title: Manager of Facilities Development
Department: OVG Facilities
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
As a member of our Facilities Team, the Manager of Facilities Development will be responsible for helping drive new business development for OVG Facilities. This position, based out of our Chester, PA office, will work hand-in-hand with the OVG Facilities team to obtain new public entertainment facility management clients through formal RFP processes, when necessary. We are looking for hard-working, creative individuals who have a passion for sports and entertainment.
OVG Facilities, a division of the Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management and event programming company that operates and books arenas, theaters, convention centers, and amphitheaters throughout the U.S. delivering customized management plans for each of their venues. OVG Facilities specializes in event programming, booking services, and creating unique experiences that focus on providing premium content to enhance the guest’s experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works toward integrating, aligning, and executing the Facilities sales goals
- Assist with writing, researching, editing, and publishing responses to requests for proposals, presentations, and other components of the bid/sales process
- Develop PowerPoint presentations associated with each written RFP response to highlight key components of the response
- Conduct research to maintain and update databases and files to include competitors’ background, existing management contract end dates, and miscellaneous information, as well as market research on areas in which OVG Facilities is pursuing new business opportunities
- Update and maintain OVG Facilities sales materials, including client lists, case studies, company background and brochure, boilerplate language for RFP responses, etc.
- Provide administrative support to department’s senior executives including scheduling conference calls and meetings, and coordinate corporate travel (as necessary)
- Maintain contract and business development files
- Assists in the exploration and growth of the client account list by leveraging creative ideas for generating leads
- Monitor relevant market developments in the entertainment/sporting industry
- Attend networking and promotional events to develop and maintain contact with potential clients and professional partners
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of all OVG properties, initiatives and be able to successfully compare and contrast with competitors
- Must have the ability to network and create relationships while working efficiently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Minimal travel required
- Performs all other duties as required
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of professional industry experience in a high-performance sales environment; Sports, Entertainment and/or Arena Industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be dynamic, forward-thinking, extremely analytical and well organized
- Must have strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word); Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) experience a plus
- Must have the presence, visibility and record of accomplishment which will enable him/her to immediately establish credibility both within the organization and with individuals outside
- Must possess problem-solving capabilities to address and resolve issues that face a growing enterprise. When necessary, he/she will be a strong and effective negotiator, comfortable in both complex negotiations as well as sophisticated business situations
- Must be comfortable engaging in a variety of different communicative modes (verbal, non-verbal, and written) and being attuned to others through strong active listening skills
- Must produce results and be bottom-line oriented yet will possess sensitivity towards people and values
- Professional appearance, attitude and communication skills as well as the ability to work with others are required
- Experienced with the development and execution of dynamic and effective platforms
- Strong understanding of / or experience with programs integrating social or digital media preferred.
- Familiarity with the standard demographic research & analytics tools (i.e.- Scarborough, Repucom, etc.) and the ability to derive insights from the data
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
OVG strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
How did you hear about this job?