Convention Sales Manager with Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center in Charleston · WV
Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center jobs
Sports Jobs in Charleston · WV
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Convention Sales
Job Title: Convention Sales Manager
OVG Facilities – Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center, West Virginia
Full-time - Experienced
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
OVG Facilities is looking for a Convention Sales Manager for the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center. The newly redesigned complex boasts a 13,500 seat arena, 50,000 sq.ft. exhibit space, 25 meetings rooms, 25,000 sq.ft. ballroom, 740 seat theatre and a 3,500 seat auditorium. The Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center hosts a variety of events, including sporting events, world-class entertainment, conventions, meetings, banquets, and other social events.
The Convention Sales Manager is responsible for booking corporate and private events through an aggressive marketing and sales program, working with clients on rates, contract terms and conveying this information to all departments. The candidate will be able to execute all aspects of the sale process, promote to potential clients, establish working relationships, represent at tradeshows, initiate sales calls, and ensure booking information is maintained. Foc us of events includes but not limited to Conventions, Meetings, Trade and Consumer Shows, Banquets, Galas, Weddings and other social business.
OVG Facilities, a division of the Oak View Group, is a full-service venue management and event programming company that operates and books arenas, theaters, convention centers, and amphitheaters throughout the U.S. delivering customized management plans for each of their venues. OVG Facilities specializes in event programming, booking services, and creating unique experiences that focus on providing premium content to enhance the guest’s experience.
Responsibilities of this Position:
- Represents the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center as its primary sales representative locally, regionally, and nationally for corporate and private events
- Researches, identifies, and establishes the appropriateness of groups for the facility and community through daily cold calling and solicitations
- Assist in developing and implementing the sales/marketing activities, including developing budget submissions and follow-through systems and procedures
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Convention & Visitors Bureau, area hotels, OVG staff, service providers, vendors, and facility users
- Responds in a timely manner to inquiries by prospective and confirmed facility users regarding rental rates and space availability of the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center
- Conducts facility tours and make formal presentations to convention and exhibition managers and other facility users regarding facility booking policies, rental rates, services, and optional policies
- Prepares written facility use proposals and cost estimates for potential facility users: reevaluates potential business value of various events and facility users; initiates booking discussions; finalizes all booking arrangements
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Creates awareness and actively sells and solicits all goods and services through attendance at trade shows and other industry functions
- Maintains thorough knowledge of competitor’s products and pricing
- Help in creation and development of sales presentation materials
- Completing and updating reporting and tracking systems
- Mentor staff in the department to assist in their development
- Travels as required by General Manager
- Meets specified goals and objectives for facility usage
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3-5 years of responsible sales/event experience in a convention center, conference center or other similar facility
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experiences
- Proficiency with data processing and MS Office applications
- Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, events and holidays as required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have any experience working in the hospitality industry?
Do you have any experience working at a convention center or similar venue? (Conference Center, Banquet Hall, Hotel, etc.)