Are you a recent college graduate with a passion for sports through visual storytelling and enjoy creating/editing videos that engage live audiences and represent our team? This is the internship for you!
THIS POSITION IS A PAID, 12 MONTH INTERNSHIP WITH REQUIRED RELOCATION TO NEW ORLEANS, LA FOR THE DURATION OF EMPLOYMENT.
The New Orleans Saints and the New Orleans Pelicans Associate Program will unite a team of energetic and ambitious post-graduates looking for an opportunity to enhance their education with real world, hands-on experience. As an intern, you will have the unique experience of learning from multiple departments of not only one, but two professional sports teams – the New Orleans Saints (NFL) and the New Orleans Pelicans (NBA). As life is within the sports industry, your day-to-day responsibilities will rarely be the same! From Saints Training Camp to Pelicans Game Days, Saints Game Days to Pelicans Community Events, the goal of our associate program is to educate its participants in all aspects of operating a professional sports organization, by observation and getting real hands-on experience. We invite those with energy and innovation to work together as part of this exciting internship program.
The Video Production Associate’s main focus will be on the creation of in-game video board content and player/team highlights. This position reports to the New Orleans Pelicans and New Orleans Saints Production Managers and assists in various areas of Video Production within the Pelicans/Saints organizations. This is a seasonal paid internship.
Essential job functions:
- Assist in developing creative and entertaining video content
- Shoots and Edits promotional material, player features, and sponsored videos for In-Arena/Stadium Video Production for the Pelicans and Saints
- Handles all Sponsorship and Digital Media video requests
- Archive, log and maintain Pelicans and Saints game footage for future use
- Work as a crew member for the Pelicans In-Arena Video Production team and the Saints In-Stadium Video Production team
- Other Duties as Assigned
- College degree preferred but not required - Television / Video Production, Marketing, Communications or related majors are ideal.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for basketball and football are a plus, but not a necessity.
- Must be creative, possessing strong technical, written and verbal skills.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and occasional irregular hours is a MUST.
- Must be adept at giving and receiving constructive feedback with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline oriented, high energy environment.
- Technical knowledge of the following are a major plus: Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, General Production Equipment (DSLR Cameras, Audio Equipment, Production Lights, etc.)
**MUST SUBMIT A PORTFOLIO OF WORK ALONG WITH RESUME AND COVER LETTER IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.
Applications must be submitted through Teamwork. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.