If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Saints and Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
Overall Job Purpose
The Accounting Associate is responsible for providing support to the Team accounting department to assist with accounts payable, vendors, customers, and monthly close process.
- Assist with month end close process
- Assist with monthly reconciliations
- Prepare recurring monthly journal entries
- Support accounting team with external audits
- Monitor AP invoice emails, print and distribute invoices to appropriate accounting staff
- Review checks and match to invoices
- Respond to vendor inquiries, internal and external
- Assist with review and distribution of invoices received
- Maintaining vendor files
- Assist with internal budget communications
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
- College student with Accounting/Finance focus
- Ability to work 20 hours a week
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word efficiently and effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work productively and effectively
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Saints/Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Saints/Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Saints and New Orleans Pelicans ("Teams") are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Teams will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Teams are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.