*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
If you are interested in sports jobs with the New Orleans Pelicans, you’re in the right place!
Overall Job Purpose
The Staff Accountant is responsible for properly performing accounting tasks for the maintenance and processing of accounts payable, and assisting with monthly journal entries.
Accounts Payable (AP) – full processing of accounts payable for the team, including but not limited to:
- Assemble, process, review, and research of invoices and expense reports
- Setup recurring invoices and new vendors in AP system
- Run check reports, print and mail checks weekly and when requested
- Distribute employee expense reimbursement checks
- File support of checks and maintain vendor files
- Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments
- Process recurring ACH payments for specific vendors
- General Ledger (GL) system- Assist with preparing monthly journal entries for the GL close each month
- Year-end Financial Audit- Assist with providing information to external auditors during audit
- Assist with other projects as deemed necessary
- College Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 2+ years experience in processing accounts payable for a company
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word efficiently and effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work at a fast pace and consistently meet all deadlines
- Strong customer skills with vendors and employees
- Ability to work productively and effectively at all times
Applications must be submitted online. Please do not mail or email resumes to the Pelicans. All qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or by email. Please do not contact the Pelicans Human Resources or Hiring Manager to check the status of your application. When applying, please be sure your updated contact information is provided.
The New Orleans Pelicans are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for candidates and employees regardless of their membership in any protected classifications. The Pelicans will not discriminate in violation of the law on the basis of race, color, age, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, and pregnancy), religion, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, familial status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and/or any other legally protected class under applicable federal, state, or local laws. This anti-discrimination policy applies with respect to all employment decisions, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge. The Pelicans are committed to equal opportunity for persons with disabilities in compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act and state law. If you feel you need an accommodation for a disability, please inform us. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. If you request an accommodation, it is essential that you participate fully in the interactive process.